Duo's Kittens

Yep double trouble :D Mommy Duo is hissing like an angry cobra. If cobras hiss, that is. She looks well-fed for a feral... though I can't feed her anymore. If I keep doing so, she'd have her third litter here too :( and my yard is really not a good place for her to raise her kids. Especially if I'm already at The States. Good news is, there's this neighbor several (okay, 3 minutes walk on foot) houses down that puts out food for feral kitties. I'm just hoping Duo finds that food station.

Aww that's good. If she's well fed then maybe she's one of the regulars at your neighbours house. Might explain why she keeps returning to the area to have her babies: she knows she's got a regular food source nearby. Of course that still doesn't explain why it's your garden in particular though. She must be quite fond of it. [emoji2]

Maybe it's because of my endless supply of soft red fabrics :shrug: I cringe at the thought of sleeping on top of plastic sheets so I got them a piece of "bedding". I did that too with Frodo, Bilbo and Arwen. Though I used 5 sheets back then and now I'm only giving them one L-sized...

EDIT: I'm terrible. With her last litter Duo doesn't seem to mind me handling the kitties at all, so... I already know we have one mister and one lil' miss. Terribly tempted to name them now... though I probably shouldn't ((oh and I've just checked the box again. Duo is inside, caring for her kitties. So it looks like she doesn't mind with this litter either))

Still day three, but I think I've earned Duo's trust. I saw her cleaning herself in front of my gate today when I came home from the afternoon walk. She stopped and stared, but didn't lay down or run away. Then I took Dime's harness off inside the house, wash my hands, and go out to check on Legolas and Tauriel. I just opened the cardboard, see if they're still there, and close it again. When I turn around, I saw Duo standing still. Her head down, watching ants marching on the floor. When I looked at her she looked at me back, but that was it. No hissing, no intense staring, no nothing. I casually said "sorry" ( I know I'm weird LOL ) and walked away. She jumped in to nurse her babies. No drama whatsoever. 

Day four now but no pictures as Duo stayed close. But Lego, Tauri and Mommy Du are alive and well :) it's raining heavily. I'm so happy Duo chose the cardboard box. Had she chosen any random burrow under a random tree in my yard Lego and Tauri would be soaking wet by now. Du is trusting me more and more. She's still wary of Diamond (naturally) but she's fine with me. Not gonna risk trying to hold her though.

One week today! :) They're getting bigger now.

post-2850-0-04195500-1406186343_thumb.jp

I tried to find them a home by joining an online local cat owners community, but got greeted very rudely and told that they don't accept rehoming ads. I don't mind being told I have broken their rules, but can't people at least be polite? :( *sigh* oh well.

Well, Tauriel opened her eyes today :) love her dark blue "baby eyes" x Legolas is too active (and noisy!) to let me check but at least he's happy and healthy.

I attempted yet again to find them a home. Still no responses so far but I'm not giving up.

Day 10, both kittens have their eyes open. Though Tauriel's left eye is sealed shut with crust :( I'll attempt to clean/soften it with warm water and cotton ball. Hopefully it's nothing as she was just fine yesterday

By the way: I still haven't found them a home. I went absolutely nuts. I went to three forums and three Facebook pages, still NO responses whatsoever. How can nobody want them? They're sweet angels... they're just a little young!