Does Your Husky Like The Sun?

Zena seems to enjoy laying in the sun and finding spots in the house where the sun is shining through. Only once has she specifically stayed in the shade in the garden which was after she had a long walk. Daft dog!

post-10637-0-01254400-1405543144_thumb.j

It's not too unusual to find Avalanche sprawled out in the middle of the drive out front.  It's getting too hot, so he's staying inside for a while.  I can expect him to sunbath again later this fall though.

Sasha, she'll go out to do her business, but then she wants back in.  If she gets tangled up (all the time) she'll howl until I come untangle her so she can come back in.  No sun bathing for her!

yep got 2 that love the sun...and love the shade as well...they know when to get into the shade and as long as they have enough fresh water they are just fine...

• 6 years later...

Hi my name is Martha and my sister bought a Husky a year ago but she’s never around to take Care of her husky named Luna. Since I’m home more Luna and I have gotten close. I started to notice when it started to get hotter Luna would go lay in the sun, I would get so upset cause I thought it was a way of her acting out since no one pays attention to her. It can be 90 degrees outside and she will find the spot where the sun hits the most and lay there for hours. I would get worried she’s going to get really hot so as soon as I see her laying in the sun I start telling her she needs to lay in the shade it’s too hot for her right now to be in the sun and surprisingly she gets up and goes lay in the shade lol. She likes laying in the sun so much I got curious and started to research why huskies lay in the sun . I’m so happy I found this site . Dose anyone have any pointers for me. We love dogs and always had a dog in our family but Luna is our very first husky . 

F4BA8481-7C98-48BC-87D6-BAFF462AA8AC.jpeg

42613277-3162-4383-8F62-D696AF01E139.jpeg

B8C893B3-D6F3-4F21-B241-96A9D89DDE37.jpeg

99% of the time my two boys seek out the shade   -  very rarely  Mikey - our white husky will stay in the sun   - but only for around 20 minutes  -  Marley  our mainly black one  - just will never sit in the sun.    However I know others here have sun worshiping huskies.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...