Do You Talk To Your Computer ?

Dunc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to get offended, like I said my "slang" is usually gamer-speak and should not be used aloud ever in public. It's horrible. The most hilarious part is when people stop by and I am in the middle of a gaming session. They just watch me talking into a headset in this weird half slang half abbreviated speech with few too many curse words. I'll have to try google now out tomorrow. It looks like I already have the app it's connected to.

Sent from my iPhone inbetween walking dogs!

I don't use it for two reason:

1) Why would randomly talk to my phone out in public? When you're alone you look like an idiot. When you're in a group of friends you look like an idiot. My phone doesn't understand me, so often I need to repeat it multiple times. It's much easier to type it in and not look like a complete lunatic.

2) Google Now is worthless in Dutch. Marc showed me what he can ("Do I need an umbrella?") doesn't even work in Dutch, it'll just google it. The only one that I found so far that works is "Weather". And that'll just show me the forecast in a little card, the same as if I just typed it in. Even this "Ok, Google..." thing everyone's so hyped about still doesn't work for the Dutch language for some reason.

I did use the desktop version once. It did indeed understand that I was Googling for "Alkmaar" (city), but I guess it picked up background noises and it kept adding loads of F* words into my search  :facepalm:  It was funny, but the results weren't the ones I was looking for!  :rofl:

I don't use it for two reason:

1) Why would randomly talk to my phone out in public? When you're alone you look like an idiot. When you're in a group of friends you look like an idiot. My phone doesn't understand me, so often I need to repeat it multiple times. It's much easier to type it in and not look like a complete lunatic.

2) Google Now is worthless in Dutch. Marc showed me what he can ("Do I need an umbrella?") doesn't even work in Dutch, it'll just google it. The only one that I found so far that works is "Weather". And that'll just show me the forecast in a little card, the same as if I just typed it in. Even this "Ok, Google..." thing everyone's so hyped about still doesn't work for the Dutch language for some reason.

I did use the desktop version once. It did indeed understand that I was Googling for "Alkmaar" (city), but I guess it picked up background noises and it kept adding loads of F* words into my search  :facepalm:  It was funny, but the results weren't the ones I was looking for!  :rofl:

I can't understand you some of the time never mind Google  :rofl: