Vomiting

It's now just before 6am and just woke up to Smokey vomiting in her crate :(

Cleaned it up, took her outside for potty and she seemed fine...

Was just a bit yellowish goo ;)

Haven't fed her yet, she's playing in the crate now with a rubber toy.

Didn't have anything in the crate with her, unless she ate some of the newspaper ;)

She's supposed to go for her shots this afternoon, would it be fine to take her???

Yellowish liquid is often nothing more than bile; usually, it's a nervous stomach that needs some food in it.

Of course take her to the vet, I'd give her something light to eat ( the old standby, some rice and maybe boiled chicken - but I usually just fix some plain rice )  Make sure you let the vet know what happened.  If she upchucks the rice then ask him to check a little closer.

Yellowish liquid is often nothing more than bile; usually, it's a nervous stomach that needs some food in it.

Of course take her to the vet, I'd give her something light to eat ( the old standby, some rice and maybe boiled chicken - but I usually just fix some plain rice )  Make sure you let the vet know what happened.  If she upchucks the rice then ask him to check a little closer.

Thanks, I just gave her one hand of kibble (since she was acting hungry) and she ate it and drank some water after. Looks fine now, but I'll just keep an eye on her so I know what to tell the vet...

I'll make her some rice and feed her that in a while, want to make sure the kibble stays down first ;)

If it's the yellowish goo then it is probably bile.  Yukon would throw this up when he was little and it was because his stomach produced too much acid, and because it was empty it was making him vomit.  I had to feed him 4 times a day to prevent this!!  As long as she isn't throwing up foreign objects, and she is pooping normal, and there is no blood and it isn't happening over and over then you should be fine :)  Keep us posted!

If it's the yellowish goo then it is probably bile.  Yukon would throw this up when he was little and it was because his stomach produced too much acid, and because it was empty it was making him vomit.  I had to feed him 4 times a day to prevent this!!  As long as she isn't throwing up foreign objects, and she is pooping normal, and there is no blood and it isn't happening over and over then you should be fine :)  Keep us posted!

Thanks! Just posted in my other thread that the vet also agreed with Al, as her poop and everything else is normal ;)

She's been a bit picky about eating yesterday and was probably too hungry before I got up to feed her... vet found nothing wrong, but I'll keep an eye on her just in case.

She's never left with toys unsupervised, but she is very quick to sneak certain stuff she finds to her crate to chew! So I have to check before crating her :facepalm:

My puppy is 7 months old and has done this upon waking early in the morning several times. Just yellow liquidy foam....my vet also said it's nothing to worry about. My other dogs in the past would do this periodically as well. It's quite common. So, with nothing else going on, that's good :)