How Much Are Walking Belts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about as bewildering as looking on google. Im after a Siberian husky harness  and get bewildered by the adverts. Im not into paying throught the nose for equipment because someone is sponsoring the site. So what options are there for good dog harnesses in Uk  other than indi . Im getting more tempted to make my own . Even saw a lockable  luggage belt for £5 in Matalan that would stop my dogs been unclipped by irresponsible types.

Indi-dog isn't expensive and to be honest I've found the cheaper you pay the worse the quality , I've used sass harnesses and they're great too but we ( most of us on here) know the owner/creator and highly recommend her as we know how good her products are specially as she has 3 huskies herself

I have ordered indi dog products all the way over to the USA. I think that before you decide that something is being suggested solely because it's a site sponsor you should ask why people suggest it. I have an indi dog police lead that is both beautiful, functional and durable. I can choose styles and lengths and patterns. People have stopped me in the street to ask about it Anyway I felt your post came off kind of rude. There are a lot of people who choose indi dog for reasons beyond the association with this site.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chula

People don't use me because I sponser the site lmao, people aren't going to put their pups at risk just because I have an ad on the site haha

My gear has a LIFELONG guarantee
Tried and tested on my own working huskies
I only use the best materials, quality cushioned webbing and the leading brand of side release clip. My trigger clips are cast iron not cheaper (Weaker) die cast and all metal parts are quality cast or welded iron
Made to measure to the measurements you provide
unlimited options for colours & designs so you can have something 'a bit different'

And I'm here, im not a big business hiding behind an email or an 0800 number, I am here, I am one woman, you know who's making your gear, you know where to find me (here, email, facebook, twitter etc etc), the whole company is completely transparent, which creates trust. People know me by my most commonly used name (sid), they know my son's name, they know the names of my dogs, they know where I live, they have met me. How much more trustworthy could a company be? haha

I sponser the site to give a little something back to a forum which give me heaps of advice when I got my first sibe, which put me in contact with 2 other sibes in need of homes, I made loads of friends through this forum, so I like to give a little something back :)

oh, and £15-20 for a custom made to measure harness is very cheap in comparison to some ;)

Edited by Sid_Wolf

Well said Sid, I have 2 collars that are better quality than any you buy in the pet stores and the cost was more than favourable, wecall return to indi dog for the quality, service and cost not because of the site sponsorship thats just a bonus xxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there - does anyone in the UK make these - I much prefer two back wheels for stability (for me!)

Also - anyone used 'Hooners'?

I was very impressed with my made-to-measure (measured by me and double checked referring to her diagram on WHERE to measure...five times lol!) harness for my Chester.

Fitted perfectly! Will look up Indi-lines too.

post-12296-1409648428539_thumb.jpg

post-12296-14096484908441_thumb.jpg

post-12296-14096486701968_thumb.jpg

post-12296-14096488638346_thumb.jpg

Sid_wolf. Def interested in your line of stock. I don't go for cheapest however prices do vary.

ASA my Eski arrives I will check her weight etc and then measure her up for a purple harness and matching lines; are yours adjustable to allow for muscle bulking -up as they grow into training?

Also can u add 'D' rings to the sides near/above elbows to link 'semi-steering' lines as I call 'gee/haw' . Any 'tug' (only to b used in training) will teach them faster I believe to turn correctly....

Once mastered I won't need them of course! Thx

And..exactly what will I need for dry-rig pulling for two. I don't yet know if they'll run in line (and don't know yet who is the natural leader) or side by side in a pair. (Preferable). If Eski isn't much smaller I'd prefer her to run beside Chester. (Just means they are closer to me than strung out ahead). :-)

Sid_wolf. Def interested in your line of stock. I don't go for cheapest however prices do vary.

ASA my Eski arrives I will check her weight etc and then measure her up for a purple harness and matching lines; are yours adjustable to allow for muscle bulking -up as they grow into training?

Also can u add 'D' rings to the sides near/above elbows to link 'semi-steering' lines as I call 'gee/haw' . Any 'tug' (only to b used in training) will teach them faster I believe to turn correctly....

Once mastered I won't need them of course! Thx

And..exactly what will I need for dry-rig pulling for two. I don't yet know if they'll run in line (and don't know yet who is the natural leader) or side by side in a pair. (Preferable). If Eski isn't much smaller I'd prefer her to run beside Chester. (Just means they are closer to me than strung out ahead). :-)

Hi Maz,

If you mean the shoulder/houdini harness then the girth strap is adjustable to allow for weight changes, like hooners hybrid harness the shoulder and between leg parts arent as these are padded.

yep I could add rings to the side of the front of the harness for you :)

For dryland mushing with 2 dogs you need:

Harnesses (either hooner hybrid, my houdini harness or x-back race harnesses)

Gangline, either double lead line with a neckline (for side by side) or a staggered line (for one in front of the other)

Bungee section