Hamster

I also do not think living at home is a culture thing. I would never kick my children out at a certain age. And despite not knowing every single culture there is in the world, it's pretty universal that at some point children will leave their parents' home to either go to school and return or get married or some other reason. It is also sometimes common for a household to accept the child's new spouse into their home and live altogether. I, however, don't think it makes me culturally ignorant to have pointed out that it was more likely you eventually intend to move out, which you admitted was in fact your plan. Back on point, if you are even a tiny bit concerned you will have to rely on your father for back up funds for this pet, I still think it is a very ill-advised idea. It seems like you are working more on whims then on what is best for the animals and yourself, let alone your parents. It is a hamster. It is cheaper then a dog. It is small and more movable then some pets. If you decide to go forward with your plan, good luck to you. I just wouldn't be me if I didn't try to throw in my two sense about the situation with the life experience I have had with things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With what "thing like this " ? What bad could happen please tell me. Run out of money ? That is not a problem. I will listen to what everyone are saying and wait untill i find a job :) It wont be much time,month or two cos im into this 24/7

After that i could keep dog and a hamster without a problem. If my mom is making problems i will move downstairs and thats it.

The problem is if i move so early without any cash on side for buying stuff,i will have only my room,without kitchen,bedroom,bathroom,and it will be very hard.Thats why i think to stay little bit more here with my parents,till i dont make some cash for buying and making stuff where i will most probably live in the future.

Nix my parents will probably live in my appartement which is not far from here when my brother gets older. They want to let us have the house, kinda deal between us becouse the appartement is only 90m2 and it's enought for 2 persons i think.

I wanted the house becouse of the yard and keeping animals.

What I meant by the phrase "things like this" was taking responsibility for a live creature financially and otherwise at your age. I have had experience with it. I know what it's like to work things out in my mind concerning how much everything will cost me and determining if it's worth it to do immediately or unpleasantly wait. My only purpose in mentioning the things I did was to point out that all costs you may have to take care of yourself should be met before you take on caring for anyone/thing else. If this isn't an issue you are worried about because you are staying there, then more power to you. I only know what it is like to have never had to be financially independent before and how fast and easily it can overwhelm you. It seems as if you have a lot of time to try and get things for the downstairs before you will be switching floors. If it was me, I would do that before I purchased another animal. But if you are confident that you can do so long before you wish to move into the other part of the house, it shouldn't matter. It does help that you already know where you will be going and that you can take all your animals with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the thing is that i already made the calculations.
The cage with full equimpent will cost be 2000mkd (35 euros),the hamster will be gift from my gf,i have around 60-70 euros which i got left from the prom. So i can have it right now if nothing bad happens but i will wait untill i find job becouse last time when i said i have enought money and everything will be fine Bella got sick and i was forced to find 150 euros for Vets to take care of her,thanks god that i had money on my account.

The thing is that for moving downstairs i will need plenty of time and work,i wont be able to do it with 60 euros tbh xD But taking care of a hamster wont be so expensive,right ? 

I can guarantee you it is probably not just me

Definitely not just you.  I couldn't get out of my parents house quick enough! Only time I was ever there was if I were ill or asleep, lol. 

I moved out with hubby when we were both 18, was a bit of a shock to the system though I can tell you!  For starters neither of us could work out how to use the washing machine!  :rofl:

But the freedom of being able to do whatever you want was great!  :up: