Is This A Virus??

My sleepy brain can't remember, but I've read somewhere that there's this new virus that infects your computer through e-mail. The virus is disguised as an e-mail from someone you actually know, but it contains an attachment or a link which will rapidly infect your system if opened :o well, this is the second time I receive this suspicious-looking e-mail. The sender is someone who used to be on H-O so yeah I do know him :o

post-2850-0-07356500-1404659184_thumb.pn

I would not open it. The link does not look reputable and even if it were, generally people you know put a description like "hey I saw this and thought of you, its a really cute video of huskies playing, check it out!" They dont just say "hi".

I would not open the link either. Delete the e-mail and be done.

Even if I know who the person is, if the link looks even the least bit funny ( "water girls of spain" [rough, quick translation of the link], looks bogus to me!! ) I don't even bother, "delete!"

Even though I have what I consider one of the better antivirus programs (ESET), I'll still occasionally run one of the on line scans from the others.  So far <knock wood> I haven't had anything that ESET hasn't caught coming in.

Edited by Al Jones

The guys above are of course right if you get anything though like this delete it but here are a couple of tips for you that I have used in the past the might help you at some point ...

Never ever open an attachment from anyone you are unsure about ( even a little unsure )

Sometimes there are things in the emails eg phone numbers text like the one Al said within said email what I do its get say..... ( hope this is not a real number lol ) 96464248756467 or text copy and paste it into google search you don't need to even open any links that come up just read the search results if its spam it will be there in some form or another :)

I also use this for calls I get to my mobile or landline you would be surprised with the results :)

It might also not be a bad idea if you are getting these types of email from friends and folk you do know to start a fresh email back to them explaining what their computer is sending out as if its being done by malware or a virus they probably don't even know :(