Can You Still Sleep/kiss/hug Your Dog After Applying Frontline Plus?

sort of a stupid question but i was doing some research about frontline plus and some people said you cant sleep/kiss/hug your dog as much if you apply frontline plus because it can affect you too. Just wondering whats the opinion from you guys. I also just bathe my dog been ~24 hrs can i apply frontline plus now? Its because sometimes my dog hops up on my bed and takes a nap there. Also alot of small kids tend to pet my dog alot. 

how is frontline plus different from the seresto pet collar? if lets say the dog sleeps on my bed with the collar and etc. 

Q1: Can I cuddle my dog after applying Frontline?

Yes, but make sure you didn't come in contact with the substance. When applying, use a glove if you can. If you can't, just be careful and don't let it touch your skin. I used to use Frontline and never treats my dog differently after or before application. He still gets all his cuddles :)

Q2: Would it matter if I bathed my dog 24 hours ago?

No, it would matter if you bathed your dog 24 hours after application.

I don't know what a seresto pet collar is, so I can't answer that, but somebody else would know what to say :)

Will, you might want to think twice about that, city living means you have the opportunity to pick up fleas, at least, year round.  All it takes is one house or apartment in the neighbourhood who doesn't deflea their pets and they're all over that area.  Living in a heated room provides them plenty of opportunity to breed and grow year round.

Typically, the topicals recommend that you give the medicine about 24 hours to soak in / spread out before engaging in play.  They don't often affect a human (since we're talking about quantity -vs- body mass) but some people are allergic to the chemicals in their liquid state.  Most modern flea treatments are soaked into the skin and then spread though the blood system so it's available in other parts of the dogs body.  Some older treatments used the action of the dogs movement to spread the medication through the hair.

When you apply them, you want the dog to be clean(ish) and dry so a bath 24hours before application shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Al Jones

When you apply them, you want the dog to be clean(ish) and dry so a bath 24hours before application shouldn't be a problem.

All vets here recommend no baths 3 days prior to and 3 days after using Frontline or Advantage/tix

I use Advantix on my BC and he sleeps in my bed ;) I just don't touch where I put it on for 24 hours or if I do I just wash my hands immediately... after it is taken up and has dried there's no problem as far as I know.

:o although I now know what's the benefit of washing a dog 3 days prior to application, what's the purpose of washing the dog 3 days after?

Some idiots wash their dogs almost daily or weekly and don't realise they will wash it off ;)

Frontline Plus is suppose to be safe for the dogs to swim also 3 days after application, but I have no idea if it's true everywhere or how that works :D

It's also advised here to keep your dogs out of rain for 3 days after application... but in winter that does not work out too great!

I usually shower my dog once a month~ =]

Im just wondering if its safe to touch my dog or if some kids were to kiss my dog forehead and etc. That happens alot... so im just curious is it safe after the first 24-48 hrs after application

As you do not apply it to the head, I guess there would be no problem.

I would just recommend to keep the kids' faces and hands away from the 'treated' area for at least 24-48 hours.. afterwards it would be fine, unless maybe a kid is allergic to it?

We've switched from Frontline Plus to NexGard.  NexGard is a chewable, made by the same company that makes Frontline, and our dogs took to it quite well.  No more wet spots between the shoulders.  NexGard does not have a chemical smell.  Only thing is, we have to give is several hours apart from their HeartGard Plus chewables.

• 5 years later...

So they applied frontline at 10pm last night at it's 130pm now. I've been playing with the dog but didn't touch the spot just their face hand paws and chest..I went to get a spoon for soup and don't wash my hands the spoon fell in the soup, I'm poor so I removed the spoon and got a new one...and are my soup. Did I just eat Frontline?

Sorry guys  -  just another point of view here.   Why do you think there are so many warnings about getting stuff like frontline on us humans?????????????

Why is it supposed to be safe for our  20kg dogs but not for us 80kg humans?

It is a neurotoxin guys

Remember I apologised in advance   -  this stuff kills bugs by interferring with their neurological system  -  and its not supposed to interfere with our dog's neurological system ? - when the manufacturers know it will interfere with ours ???

Try using a natural flea killer  like   Billy No Mates   or  Flea Away  from   www.mange.org.uk   - then you dont have to worry about touching your dog, kissing him  or sleeping with him if you want to

Again apologies  -   I am a straight speaker

• Like 1

• 3 months later...