Memory Card / Picture Issues

I think I had the same thing happen to mine once. But it was my own fault, I grabbed it out of the computer without properly unmounting it. Apparently it had not written everything to it yet which resulted in a chunk of broken photos. There's plenty of recovery software available out there and using that I got a couple of them back. But not all of them since they were corrupt, not deleted. You cannot fix corrupted files.

Unfortunately 'solid state' memory is a little more fragile than our standard hard disc technology and this can result in anguish when the inevitable happens!

Unlike data statically stored at specific locations on a hard drive platter data is constantly moved around an SD card to ensure that no individual memory locations are physically worn out.

As previously suggested take a look on the Internet for data retrieval tools and you may be lucky - good luck!

it's a 64gb

Yeah, that'll take some time to work through. I remember with my 16GB card it took about 40-50 minutes or so (though I used different software).

Unfortunately 'solid state' memory is a little more fragile than our standard hard disc technology and this can result in anguish when the inevitable happens!

Unlike data statically stored at specific locations on a hard drive platter data is constantly moved around an SD card to ensure that no individual memory locations are physically worn out.

As previously suggested take a look on the Internet for data retrieval tools and you may be lucky - good luck!

Whether it's an sd-card, ssd or hdd doesn't really matter in this case. Yes, sectors are used differently in ssd but not in a way that makes them more 'fragile'. Nor is the data constantly moved around. When it's stored, it's stored. Even though it's not in order like the hdd does.

Yeah, that'll take some time to work through. I remember with my 16GB card it took about 40-50 minutes or so (though I used different software).

yeah looks like i'm gonna have to leave it on over night :/ still got other pics i wanted to do aswell but might have to cut my losses there 

• 2 weeks later...