Downtime Apologies

Marc

Hi All,

First of all appologies for the extended downtime over today and on thursday.

You will have noticed that there have been quite a lot of errors around the forum lately. The reason for this is that an update to the database server and other componants along with conversion of the database collation (structure for those who are not technical) needed to be done in order to ensure we are ready for some quite large updates to come to the forum over the coming months. The problem was that one of these updates failed at a critical point and basically deleted all databases from all sites on the server completely.

To put in context the problem that we had, husky owners was basically deleted completely from the server along with various other server componants meaning I had to completely rebuild it from backup data. Luckily I know how to do this and always take backups before performing any major changes to the core system. The problem was that I did this on thursday and since I work during the week I could only restore it to a bare minumum before this morning.

The good news is that all services are now resumed and the conversations that I needed to do in the first place are now complete, so we are ready for the updates whenever these come along.

Search capability has not yet restored, however this will be up and running in the next couple of mins.

Marc you are one amazing technically adept individual.  I on the other hand am one amazing technically challenged individual.  All of us appreciate your capabilities, your drive to keep this forum at the leading edge of technology, and the fact that you keep us up to date on what's happening.