Rip My Beautiful Baby Meeka

Hello all, with tears and trembling I an sad to announce Meeka has passed...Meeka, Larka, and echo escaped our fence yesterday when the storm hit and shorted our electric fence. They killed some chickens and one of the people on the road called the cops then shot Miss.Meeka...I got calls at work and rushed home hoping I could save her and her be alright but I was far to late...she's in heaven now and I miss her more than ever...we are giving her a proper burial tonight with a headstone and plaque...I miss her so much as does Larka...but Larka and echo are at risk also and now keiko...they charged my fiancé with animal neglect and abuse on the pack for failure to maintain control of them and failure to provide adequate containment...we don't know how it's going to fly in court but we are trying to get a lawyer and we are going to fight to keep our other three...we all miss Meeka dearly and it was wrong as this was the first they have got out and the first the cops were called....we don't understand we're we went wrong to be charge with neglect and abuse but hoping our lawyers can settle it out...just please keep Larka, echo and keiko in your prayers....thank you...ta9u2ypa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Giant hugs to you and your pack. She was such an amazingly beautiful dog. Run free Meeka. I'm so sorry for the rest of your doggies who I am sure will miss her too. I'm sorry you have to deal with the charges at the same time. My thoughts are with you all. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. You have my condolences. Poor Meeka. :(

I can't imagine what you are going through right now.

Maybe if you offered to replace the chickens (and offer a little extra for their trouble), they would drop the charges? And provide proof on what you plan to do to ensure they never escape again...maybe put them on outside tethers?

Searra, there is nothing I can say that isn't going to sound trite and I'm sorry ...

When I started reading the other thread I was wondering what had happened that would put all the dogs at risk and now I understand ... no, I don't understand! ... damnit, there has to be some kind of something that you and the courts can do. 

Know you all (dogs and humans) are in my thoughts and prayers and if there's anything I can do, let me know.....

Our thoughts are with you all for what must be an absolutely harrowing time.

Although difficult, (at this moment in time), please consider the suggestion made by 'Solitory Howl' and speak with the 'other party' in an attempt to make ammends for a 'once only' event that, (if not for the grace of God), is something that ALL of us could face at anytime.

I know that your pain is immense, currently, but time is of the essence and it may just turn things around.

Take care - our thoughts are with you.

We are just so sorry that there is nothing that we can do to help.

I'm so sorry to hear this and RIP poor Meeka. I was shocked to hear and very saddened but I can't imagine what your going through. It has to be hard enough dealing with her taken from you so young but to have the other things happen too :( hopefully you can get it sorted out and the charges dropped. It's not like they killed pets or harmed any humans and plus it's not like they have gotten out before. Paying for the replacement chickens seems more than fair.

Sending husky hugs to you and your pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We are paying for the chickens...but it's not the chickens that's getting us it's the part that our dogs were loose and we apparently couldn't provide "containment" or "control"

Thank you everyone...

Edited by HuskyGuerl

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. RIP Meeka.

I would have thought that as a storm took out your fence it would be very hard for the power that be to charge you with negligence, especially if this is not a regular occurrence. I think you are suffering enough with this. It is so very sad and I wish you all the best. 

Hugs from Australia.

This was the best we could do for her in the time we had...we will be planting flowers that come back yearly on top...i can see her every morning when I get up to let her pack out and they can see her too...8uqury3u.jpg

Oh my gosh. As if it's not enough that they shot your girl. I have no advice to offer, but I really hope the charges would be dropped and you'd be able to keep your other three. I know you're doing the very best for all of them. All you need to do is make them see that, too. RIP Meeka.

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this it seems a bit harsh considering it's first offense! I really do hope they drop the charges you sure don't deserve to have them do that to you! You can't talk to the police or SPCA (is that what they call it?) About the situation and see if anything can be done? RIP Meeka xx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk