Squeaky Toy Makes Her Cry!!

Chula

This is absolutely new and so bizarre. Chu has a petstages alligator squeaky toy that has a really long squeak. She's had this tot for a long time and she loves to pounce on it and play fetch and tug with it.

But recently, every time it makes a long squeak Chula starts to cry! And she takes it into her secret corner or tries to take it outside away from us. Is she sympathizing with her toy?? It's so odd! It's a mournful cry, not a whine. She's ok when it short squeaks but when it makes a long drawn out squeak she protects it from us.

May look into false pregnancies and keep and eye on her. After googling a bit it does look like it can occur in spayed females (which if I recall right she is). It sounds kind of like she's mothering the toy, so she gets worried when it squeaks. I haven't dealt with this too much but the advice I normally hear is just keep that toy (and any others she's trying to mother) hidden from her until it passes. You can probably call your vet for advice as well. Poor girly!

Luckily she will let me take it from her but she's definitely trying to hide/protect it. It seems to really make her anxious so I guess that toy will take a break - which is unfortunate as its the only toy she hasn't dismembered. I wonder if we got her a similar one if she'd mother that one too. It is pretty sad! She seems so upset.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have another guess. We all know Huskies tend to imitate voices, that is why some of their woo-woos can sound very similar to a word in human language. Maybe those cries are her imitation of the long squeak? If she's going through pseudo pregnancy, I heard it's hard to miss because there would also be visible physical changes.

Skye cries when she has squeaky toys and she squeaks them and she does tend to guard them slightly  - i've never worried about it, she has done it ever since she was a lil puppy and i just find it cute. Its more like she joins in with it, i even have videos which i will try to dig out once i get through all my photos. I would say not to worry too much unless she shows any other signs that its anything else :-)

Hopefully these will work, First one was Skyes first squeaky and the other one was a couple of months later, i am pretty sure there are other videos somewhere lol but these are the first ones i came to. I don't know if its the same way Chula is crying at her squeaky but these are how Skye sounds and sometimes it can last til i end up taking them off of her  :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151182478323675&l=5824615399250126710

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152467920243675&l=1966090069884021500