Update On Ghost

So after 2 cycles on Stomorgyl for the Giardia and a lot of probiotic cookies we did a second fecal test and...SURPRISE! Entamoeba sp. 

It's been stablished that he's getting infect somewhere in my house, first I tought it could be the water that I used to wash his food bowl, but vet said no. So it must be the cat box (forgot to mention the cat, they go along just fine), I moved the cat box to a higher place and took him to the vet again for another treatment. 

Vet gave him Giardicid (Metronidazol again), 5ml every 12 hours for 5 days, do a 5 day break and start another 5 day cycle. She said he was supposed to get better by tomorrow but there's no sign of improvement (still mushy) 

I just don't know what to do anymore, should I look for another vet? I haven't tried the chicken/rice diet since he's sick so I don't know if that will really help. 

Even sick he's gaining weight just fine, he's 3 months and 9kg :D

The chicken/rice diet's purpose is to give his digestion system a little break. I think it'd be beneficial as of now. Second opinion from a different vet is not only acceptable, but it is highly recommended. If you find a reputable vet near you that is more experienced/has more positive reviews, why not visit them? :)

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I know how heartbreaking long-term illnesses can be :( here's wishing Ghost would perk up soon xx

This afternoon his poo was getting better but now (night) it's worse again...Today is the last day vet gave him to get on his feet, now I'm lost again.

I'm taking him tomorrow to another vet for a second opinion, I'm also starting him on the chicken/rice diet after the second vet check-up and Diarretron (breeder's suggestion)

I'm really worried about him, he was supposed to be better by now, since he got home he's been sick all the time, despite that he's gaining weight just fine...

Any other suggestions?

It's so frustating to see him like that, and all this useless treatments are getting really expensive.

I'm going to suggest that you might take your cat in for a good check up. It's possible that she might be carrying the disease and not showing any symptoms.

If Ghost isn't getting into her poo anymore, but that was the source of the disease then that means your cat is the carrier (the vector) of the disease. If that's the case then you need to "cure" both animals before you'll ever have any peace of mind.

Yesterday I started mixing kibble with his chicken and rice, he had a full week with firm stools on the chicken but as soon as I mixed the kibble it started to get mushy again...

Could it be the high level of protein in the N&D kibble? 

If not that and the disease itself, I can only think of some kind of intolerance.  :(

I do know of a dog in my neighborhood that eats rice and chicken, mixed with a teeny tiny amount of kibble, his whole life. Maybe the problem is not about it's not the protein itself, but these little parts ( I wish I remember what's it called!) inside the intestines that are in charge of breaking down protein to amino acid.