Google Chromecast Vs Roku

Jay

I want to get one of these so I can watch Netflix on my bedroom tv. Right now my tv and blu ray player don't support wifi or have apps, and I have directv so I can't watch I to there.

I was looking at reviews and seen mixed reviews for the google Chromecast, like it being buggy and not working well. Altho it is much cheaper than the Roku (30 USD vs 100)

Anyone have any opinions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We have Roku. We started with a wireless setup. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it was hit and miss. We now have a second router that is hard wired, with a direct wire from the router to the a Roku unit. Works great now. You might want to look at Amazon. They have a unit as well. Not sure what they call it though.

I saw the amazon fire I think. It didn't get as good of reviews. I was leaning towards the Chromecast but those reviews are mixed.

I'm interested in these as well. I'm looking for something I can plug into the tv to watch Netflix. We have a WD TV Play and although it has worked perfectly in the past, it has slowly stopped working in the past few months. It keeps crashing and/or refuses to connect to anything on the web. Am not happy with this one, we only have it for half a month now. We need a replacement.

Never heard of Roku. Can't be bought in the Netherlands as far as I can tell and I can't find the confirmation that if I buy one from the UK that Netflix in the Netherlands will still work. Chromecast has everything I need except that the remote is basically your smartphone. Great if you own one (like me) but my mother doesn't (yet). Although you apparently should be able to control it from your laptop, I'm still not convinced that's really a good solution to the problem.

I also just want it to watch Netflix. I don't care about the other stuff and controlling it from my phone doesn't bother me. I just worry about the negative reviews by it's only 30 USD I think I may get it and try it out

Still deciding. On amazon the Chromecast is 35 USD and the Roku 3 is 85 USD. Yesterday the Chromecast was 30 and the Roku 95 lol

I have amazon fire tv and Chromecast.  Amazon fire tv has netflix, amazon prime and hulu plus all in one box.  Chomecast I just hooked up to the tv in the bedroom for youtube and netflix so I don't have to hold the ipad.  I like both for different things.  We were with DirecTV for 16 years and I closed our account the other day.  New customers get cheaper better packages than long term customers.  We now only pay a monthly fee for netflix and hulu plus.  Most tv you can watch from the internet anyways.  

I should go with the Roku. I bought my bedroom tv 2 years ago and it doesn't have the Internet and neither does my blu ray player and I don't want to buy a new one. And I also have directv so if I decide to get rid of it after the deal expires I may just go with netflix and Hulu