Sign in to follow this  
mydiamond

This Site On Firefox

Uh... is any of you on firefox? I notice that on Firefox, this site has a pretty different look. It's surrounded by these thick black frames on every square-shaped object. For example, that "poll, post options and tag box" bar you see when you're creating a thread is surrounded by a black border. It looks weird... I'll get a screenshot if no one is on the same boat.

I'm using firefox and not getting what you're seeing.  Are all your plug in's up to date?

The site was designed with Firefox so def not a sitw issue. What system are you on?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Prob just a blond in disguise ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Prob just a blond in disguise ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey cheeky!    :smack:

The site was designed with Firefox so def not a sitw issue. What system are you on?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure it has various systems D: hang on, screenshots coming

I'm not sure it has various systems D: hang on, screenshots coming

Your answer was "apple mac" lol

Not happening anywhere else Ive seen but then dont have a mac to test it on

Anyone else here using a Mac who can check to see if its all or whether its an isolated issue?

Marc, programming tools, border??? and no, I don't have a Mac

I know that Al, but cant fix something I cant see broken LOL. Im checking with browsershots but other than that there is not a lot else I can check. And its more likely to be the shadow btw

Think elyse has a MacBook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that Al, but cant fix something I cant see broken LOL. Im checking with browsershots but other than that there is not a lot else I can check. And its more likely to be the shadow btw

No, I was suggest that it might be something she accidentally set up locally. Something in her user.css (or whatever it's called) Four sided shadow??  Okay, I see you have a shadow on all four side on that page ...

Edited by Al Jones

No, I was suggest that it might be something she accidentally set up locally. Something in her user.css (or whatever it's called) Four sided shadow??

Ah I see ...... Wasnt aware there was one that could be perminantly set up for firefox to be honest but can look into it.

One thing I can confirm is its definatly related to that specific system. This is the last 5 versions of firefox on the Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Snow Leopard. Can't do much more than check it on that many browsers.

post-1-0-09936200-1400692405_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-85776600-1400692406_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-70837600-1400692408_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-54702500-1400692410_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-60256300-1400692412_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-56773900-1400692414_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-40761300-1400692416_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-24833500-1400692418_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-54213700-1400692427_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-38875000-1400692429_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-48767100-1400692431_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-40917900-1400692433_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-42523900-1400692435_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-36939800-1400692437_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-35849400-1400692439_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-15775800-1400692441_thumb.jpg

OK, based on what Al said above try looking for userChrome.CSS within one of the following locations

~/Library/Mozilla/

~/Library/Application Support/

If you find on then delete it and restart firefox. See if that makes a difference for you

I may or may not have found the issue (invalid box-shadow in the css for Firefox). Liv, you may need to clean your browser cache first to see it. Has it been fixed for you?

I may or may not have found the issue (invalid box-shadow in the css for Firefox). Liv, you may need to clean your browser cache first to see it. Has it been fixed for you?

Quite possibly. Seems strange would not come up on the browser snapshots though

Quite possibly. Seems strange would not come up on the browser snapshots though

Yes. Recent Firefox versions just use box-shadow instead of -moz-box-shadow. However, it was the -moz-box-shadow that were all wrong in exactly the same place as I saw in the screenshot. Could be coincidence, could be the cause of it.

It's not that I didn't try to understand... but you geniuses have totally confused me :lol: my brother is still at school... he would know what in the world "cache" is. Thanks guys.

It's not that I didn't try to understand... but you geniuses have totally confused me :lol: my brother is still at school... he would know what in the world "cache" is. Thanks guys.

LOL .. ok first of all did what jos do fix the issue? If not did you try what I suggested above?

hold ctrl and press f5 btw may clear cache.

Uh I pressed Ctrl + F5 and managed to readjust the keyboard light brightness :shrug: I'm gonna rummage through Finder to find /Library/ because I've never seen it before

EDIT: I also noticed that whenever I'm typing a comment on somebody's status, I am using this funny old-school space-consuming font style. Wish I remember what's it called.

post-2850-0-30534800-1400857761.png

This def sounds like a CSS setup in firefox to be. Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling firefox again to see if  that resolved it?

EDIT: I also noticed that whenever I'm typing a comment on somebody's status, I am using this funny old-school space-consuming font style. Wish I remember what's it called.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-23 at 9.53.36 PM.png

The font looks like 'courier' to me, we used to have to use that when we were studying for our Keyboarding applications GCSE's, admittedly that was back in the early 90s,  So these days it probably would be considered old school, lol.

The font looks like 'courier' to me, we used to have to use that when we were studying for our Keyboarding applications GCSE's, admittedly that was back in the early 90s,  So these days it probably would be considered old school, lol.

Nah, it's a monospace font which is why it's the best type of font for us programmers and thus still being used to this date (Monospace fonts mean that every character is the same width which makes it easy to align it all with each line)  :lol: