Just Left Luna At The Doggy Hospital

Dan, I just looked up Best Husky Dad for 2014 in the dictionary, and there was your picture!  It's amazing what Luna has been through.  She looks so tired in a few of the photos.  I have no idea what you guys have been though these last few days, but my heart goes out to you and especially to Luna.  I hope she heals quickly, that the pain fades even more quickly, and that her harvested fur grows back thick and full.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Mazz,

I hope it doesn't take too long to grow back, she has been through a lot already in her short life but hopefully this'll make her stronger.

Luna nearly pulled the arm off me to get into the vets(this you did read that right) :dog3:

The vet was really pleased with how she's doing and he was rewarded with lots of :doglick: :doglick: :doglick:,

she was evening looking to go into the back bit where the hospital is :rofl:  as if she hadn't had enought of there.

Leaving the vets we met Luna's boyfriend a black/white cockerpoo called Reg (in for vacs) who just lives round the road from us and they both went mental at each other but they didn't understand why they weren't allowed to play lol, because its full on husky play, everyone that see them thinks their fighting :rofl:.  Can't wait for her to get better so she can have a proper play.

We are current feeding her special Royal canin GI food until she gets her stapes out in 7-10 day depending on how she's heeling and the test results.

Any way we took her for a 10 minute walk and guess what

YES YOU GUESSED RIGHT

:shithappens:

:dogwalk:

For the first time in over a week she had a poo

:cheerleader:   :worship::woohoo::worship::cheerleader:

Thanks for reading

Dan

So pleased to hear she is on the mend ,what op did she have if you don't mind me asking , â”

Hi Carl,

they opened up her instines to investigate a possible blockage and they could see gas pooling and suspected a sponge blocking the way out, she had shreaded a sponge a week before all this.

I feel guilty since they didn't find one but at least we ruled it out and she's on the mend.

Dan

Hi Carl,

they opened up her instines to investigate a possible blockage and they could see gas pooling and suspected a sponge blocking the way out, she had shreaded a sponge a week before all this.

I feel guilty since they didn't find one but at least we ruled it out and she's on the mend.

Dan

Bless her, she is so lucky to have you , hoping she recovers soon , then she can be a naughtypup again 

(Sorry for the fragmented reply I had one wrote out but the hit the back button by accident and lost it)

Thanks again for all the replies, Luna sends licks and kisses to all.

I know I got abit too excited about the poo but it was just such a relief after all the brown water we saw and we know everything is intact after the surgery.

Her stitches are due to come out Friday week, which means the lamp shade cam come off as well.

She's getting used to it slowly and trys to choke me with it everytime she comes for a kiss lol, it also comes in handy for scooping up toys.

I'm having to scratch her ears and nose from time to time but I draw the line at licking her bits lol.

She's currently on royal canin gastro intestinal wet food and loving it, wolfing it down her like she's never seen food before, we have to stay on this until the stitches are removed, she better not get used to it as we have 20kgs of her own food left.

Still waiting for the test results to come back which is abit annoying.

anyway here's some pics

20140520_132030_zpsb37acc7f.jpg

20140520_132032_zps64cc4121.jpg

20140520_123026_zps12008fac.jpg

20140520_155850_zpsc39d7a36.jpg

20140521_135034_zpsda57d25b.jpg

Dan

Even with the lampshade she's looking happier than those first few pics :0), glad she's getting better, I was thinking about her this avo so I'm glad I found some updates

Edited by ginger38