Just Left Luna At The Doggy Hospital

Long story short, Luna has been sick for the last week started vomiting last thursday after for 26 hrs straight before we got to the vets as we thought it would pass over night which it didn't, so on Friday the vet gave her a couple of injections and tablets to take all seemed fine on the saturday morning checkup all bright and alert more antibiotics,  then on saturday night she started peeing out her bum and being sick agian so ran the vet and was told if the tablets didn't work bring her back.

Sunday all was fine very tired and still being a little bit sick not eating but drinking, so tuesday she still hasn't had a poo even after eating a few small meals back to the vets again with Claire this time and a different vet who said nothing to worry about.  Roll on wednesday night sick and peeing out her bum again, same thursday night hasn't eaten anything since wednesday and only picked at it then.

So when back to the 1st vet we seen last saturday and she was sick on him so he took her in and are starting to run tests, was hard leaving her there but, I know its for the best just not going to be able to concentrate this afternoon at work waiting for an update.

Thank fook she's insured because the bill could be over £1000 if they have to operate

Dan

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dan that is not so good news.... :huskyhugs: to you Claire and most of all Luna...hope they figure out what is wrong and that she gets better soon....

Husky Hugs from Zoya and Eisa. Hope Luna has a speedy recovery.

So sorry to hear this Dan. :(

We had similar with Bear last year, except she was also pouring blood out of her butt too. Turned out to be an extreme form of colitis but took a while to work out as each time they gave her a steroid injection she got 100% better........until it wore off.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Luna that the vets get to the bottom of it soon. (sorry bad pun not intentional!).

:huskyhugs:

They have taken blood., currently on a drip, ultra sound and X ray shows pooling of gas in her intestine maybe a sponge like material,but not sure.

she did rip 1 up a few weeks ago.

Was give 2 options treat with medication or operate.

So she's currently under the knife so hopefully they have her sorted ASAP.

Dan

Just spoke to the vet, no blockage found, but have found irritation on her intestine taken samples and have been sent off for tests.

Staying in over night on iv fluids and antibiotics.

So we are waiting for an update in the morning unless something happens.

Thanks for all the well wishes

Dan

Dan I have only just come online now and to read this about my baby luna I am shocked praying for a speedy recovery for her. When you see her make sure you give her a big snog from me hope all goes ok dan if ya need to talk you have my number

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks again for all the well wishes. Its going to be an unusual night with her not in the house tonight I just hope we can get her home tomorrow,

The test results should be back on Monday if all goes well.

As soon as I know Anything else I'll let you's know.

Dan