...a Few More Questions!

Hello, everyone!
I have a few more questions to ask, and I promise this will be the last topic I make. I just want to make sure I am making the right decisions in adopting a husky.

1.) Are Siberian Huskies playful dogs? Do they play games like fetch? Chase Toys? I feel like this is a ridiculous question, but I have to ask it!

2.) I own a cat. Is this a big no-no? I've researched and read a lot of information that MOST Huskies and cats are a no-no since Huskies have such a large prey drive. Is there a way to "fix/work" with this? My cat is a 9-year-old female cat who just LITERALLY lays around all day and sleeps. She isn't very active, if at all. I was hoping that as long as I kept them separated when I wasn't there (ie. in different rooms with the doors shut) and kept a VERY close eye on them when I was there, we could maybe work together and improve on this behaviour? The cat has the ability to go under the bed and such to hide if she ever feels threatened as well.

3.) What's your husky's favourite toy? What sort of collar/harness do you use for walking? So far I plan on purchasing a crate, kong, a 40+ foot long lead (this is so when I go to the beach and park, he has some room instead of being forced beside me), food and water dish... Any other recommendations?

EDIT - NEW QUESTION;;;
4.) Are huskies okay being alone for extended periods of time? More importantly, are they OKAY with a random schedule that changes from day-to-day? I am working at a local fast food restaurant and I my shifts can be anywhere from 3 hours to 8 hours, and be early in the morning or be late in the  evening. I believe I plan on crate training my dog and if I am gone for more than 7 hours to have a dog walker stop in. Should this be okay?

Thanks,
- Tina

Hi there Tina. Hey, don't ever think you can't post questions or that there is a sef-imposed limit. You need answers, you post your questions. OK?

1. Huskies do like to play. But fetch is not a game they stay in touch with. For the most part,a Huskies need a challenge. Fetch a ball once or twice, and the lose interest. Games where they can interact with you more directly are more effective. Also, training them to sit, shake, stay, challenge them and are very affective ways to keep your Husky occupied.

2. Cats and Huskies normally don't mix, but there are exceptions. Success is better if the Husky is raised with the cat from a pup. I don't have a cat. There are several members on the forum who do. Hopefully, one or more of them will respond.

3. Fav toy is a kong. Since ours don't pull any more, we use a standard collar. But if a puller, a harness would be better. Some harnesses alloy the dog to back out of them. So check before you buy.

On your second post, if after five days you have not received a response, I would move on. But that's me.

Thank you very much Dave! I appreciate your response. (:

I am very interested in training my future dog. I grew up with a Shetland Sheepdog in which I trained in agility, and all sorts of obedience. Even though Siberian's are entirely different breeds in comparison, I would be nice to be able to do similar activities! I get bored myself of the same old activities day in and day out. I would love a dog that could do different things from time-to-time.

I am definitely going to be purchasing a kong! I believe those are the greatest toys! (: Thank you for the harness/collar advice!

Yeah, I am not entirely sure. I don't want to spam the individual but they never responded. I have been told (weather this be true or false) that occasionally this website's emails do not go through correctly. 

Hey, don't ever think you can't post questions or that there is a sef-imposed limit. You need answers, you post your questions.

+1

on to your main questions:

1) as with any breed, every dog is different.   huskies tend to be very playful when puppies, and stay that way through adulthood.   they can also play rather rough with other dogs. my husky and APBT play VERY rough together, and my husky also plays very rough with my buddies labs. a passer by may think they are fighting, but they are just rough housing.  ive heard some huskies arent really into fetch, but my boy will play fetch for as long as i will throw the ball.  a few times ive been sitting on my deck by the fire at night, and he brought the ball to me for well over an hour.

2) i have a cat.  i DO NOT trust my husky alone with my cat for one minute.  i brought Turbo (my husky) home at 4 months old, my cat is 8 years old and set in her ways. she stands her ground, and will hiss and swat.  if you plan on having both, make sure the cat has somewhere they can be safe.  keep a room gated off, install a cat-door, have places for them to hide, dont leave them unattended, crate the dog while not home etc... and be aware that even if they seem to be buddies, you may still come home to a dead cat, and you really cant blame the dog if you do.

3)kongs are great stuff them with peanut butter, carrots and some treats, then freeze them. that will keep them busy for a while!   also look into the Genious Kongs once your dog has mastered the standard Kong. elk antlers are also good to keep them busy.  other than that, balls, ropes anything that squeaks are all good. 

i used a training prong collar on Turbo. they work great if used correctly. i see them used incorrectly all the time and it irks me everytime. use caution if you decide to use a retractable lead. a husky can cover 40' rather quickly and generate a lot of force if they decide to chase a squirrel in the woods, and before you can think to lock it, they have already reached the end and the lead can get ripped right out of your hand. i would also make sure they "heel" very well before introducing a long lead.

4)my husky is crated 6 1/2 hours a day.  i dont feel comfortable with more than that.. but he has gone 8 a few times with no problem.  he doesnt do well with schedule changes though. just today he was only crated for 6 hours, but he went in 3 1/2 hours later than usual, and pooped in his crate. just about any time hes in there a long time off schedule, he doesnt do well. 

hope that helps some =)

Hello, everyone!
I have a few more questions to ask, and I promise this will be the last topic I make. I just want to make sure I am making the right decisions in adopting a husky. Why this has to be the last topic? :) we're here for this very purpose; answering questions of newbies and people doing research. If each researcher gives themselves a limit to the number of questions they ask us, we won't be here for 5 years. 

1.) Are Siberian Huskies playful dogs? Do they play games like fetch? Chase Toys? I feel like this is a ridiculous question, but I have to ask it! Some are, some aren't. Playful, yes. Definitely. But do they play games like fetch? Errr... yeah that's rather rare LOL chasing toys is a little less uncommon but Diamond my boy needs extra motivation to do that.

2.) I own a cat. Is this a big no-no? I've researched and read a lot of information that MOST Huskies and cats are a no-no since Huskies have such a large prey drive. Is there a way to "fix/work" with this? My cat is a 9-year-old female cat who just LITERALLY lays around all day and sleeps. She isn't very active, if at all. I was hoping that as long as I kept them separated when I wasn't there (ie. in different rooms with the doors shut) and kept a VERY close eye on them when I was there, we could maybe work together and improve on this behaviour? The cat has the ability to go under the bed and such to hide if she ever feels threatened as well. Huskies and small animals are never a 100% safe mix. Diamond here ignores cats be feral or pet, but I would never ever risk it. Instincts are instincts and it's only a matter of time until it kicks in and he gets a hold of a cat. That being said, we have several members who also own a cat beside their beloved Husky/ies. So I'd say it's down to your personal preference, but do remember that it will always be a risk. 

3.) What's your husky's favourite toy? What sort of collar/harness do you use for walking? So far I plan on purchasing a crate, kong, a 40+ foot long lead (this is so when I go to the beach and park, he has some room instead of being forced beside me), food and water dish... Any other recommendations? Diamond doesn't really play with toys... He prefer playing with another living, breathing being. However so far he loves chew toys, calcium bones and Kong. He's wearing a regular side-release collar and a regular harness with double D-ring. About the leash; you might want to buy three of them. Long one for adventure walks, medium one for regular walks and short one for full control when you're taking him to places like pet fair or the vet. I don't know about crate sizes, so... yeah. Sorry. 

EDIT - NEW QUESTION;;;
4.) Are huskies okay being alone for extended periods of time? More importantly, are they OKAY with a random schedule that changes from day-to-day? I am working at a local fast food restaurant and I my shifts can be anywhere from 3 hours to 8 hours, and be early in the morning or be late in the  evening. I believe I plan on crate training my dog and if I am gone for more than 7 hours to have a dog walker stop in. Should this be okay? Yes that should be okay. But like i said in your previous thread, you need to be 100% positive your dog does not have separation anxiety. It is unfortunately common in rescues, so... yeah, make sure you're positive about that. Better yet, get a dog that is already crate-trained (if possible). Crate-trained dogs basically worship their crates. They'd stay there all day long if they could :) about the irregular schedule: my baby is on set schedule for feeding and walking time (walking schedule is a bit flexible though because weather often interfere). Other than that, he doesn't need a fixed schedule. 

1.) yes they are very playful dogs. they are very vocal when they play too which can be troublesome with overprotective owners. Kassy snorts when she barks and to someone who doesnt know her it sounds like a snarl. Freya puppy barks when she plays. My lot dont play fetch. Kassy will chase the ball because other dogs are chasing but wont bring it back. 

2.) with huskies 'pocket pets' are a no-no. but then again i have 2 huskies and 20+ budgies. Kassy is fine with small animals. she wont look at them if im in the room. Freya on the other hand is getting better with the birds. before she used to jump up at my inside bird but now she doesnt. aviary birds on the other hand... she needs a bit more training.

with cats. Kassy had got a cat before. sorry to say the cat didnt make it >.>

3.) Kassy doesnt play with toys.  Freya on the other hand loves anything with a squeaker! she LOVES her honking duck and anything furry.

For Kassy i naughtly use her racing harness. or just her normal collar. Freya has a harness and she pulls my arm off. she will be getting her racing harness in the next few days. 

more and more toys!!! try those challenge game toys. you need to keep their mind active or they will destroy everything.

4.) Kassy can be left alone all day everyday. she just chills in the sun and sleeps all day. Freya has escaped the house twice just because she was left alone while i was at work. try and take them for a walk before you go so theyre tired. then take them again when you get home.

i was at the park one time and Kassy was playing. a person came up to me and told me that if my dog attacks his dog he will kill my dog. 

it was very distressing and i cried the whole way home

:(

If I was put in that situation, I'd probably say "define 'attack'!" 

1.) Are Siberian Huskies playful dogs? Do they play games like fetch? Chase Toys? I feel like this is a ridiculous question, but I have to ask it!

my boy plays fetch but my girl doesnt she prefers to play fight instead 

2.) I own a cat. Is this a big no-no? I've researched and read a lot of information that MOST Huskies and cats are a no-no since Huskies have such a large prey drive. Is there a way to "fix/work" with this? My cat is a 9-year-old female cat who just LITERALLY lays around all day and sleeps. She isn't very active, if at all. I was hoping that as long as I kept them separated when I wasn't there (ie. in different rooms with the doors shut) and kept a VERY close eye on them when I was there, we could maybe work together and improve on this behaviour? The cat has the ability to go under the bed and such to hide if she ever feels threatened as well.

it CAN be manageable but i would always be cautious , you'd be better raising a puppy with a cat but never get too comfortable with them both together , seeing your husky with a cat in its mouth is horrible :/ , some huskies can be ok for years and then one day instinct takes over 

3.) What's your husky's favourite toy? What sort of collar/harness do you use for walking? So far I plan on purchasing a crate, kong, a 40+ foot long lead (this is so when I go to the beach and park, he has some room instead of being forced beside me), food and water dish... Any other recommendations?

my boys fave toy/s are tennis balls specially the kong ones that squeak lol , my girl loves squeaky tennis balls too and soft toys , they are her 'babies'

i use a www.sassdogequipment.co.uk tracking/walking harness on my boy , and use a semi-slip collar on my girl , they both have double ended leads and i also use a sass walking belt ,, i also recommend getting a REALLY good undercoat rake for when they shed their winter coat lol

EDIT - NEW QUESTION;;;
4.) Are huskies okay being alone for extended periods of time? More importantly, are they OKAY with a random schedule that changes from day-to-day? I am working at a local fast food restaurant and I my shifts can be anywhere from 3 hours to 8 hours, and be early in the morning or be late in the  evening. I believe I plan on crate training my dog and if I am gone for more than 7 hours to have a dog walker stop in. Should this be okay?

mine are fine and are used to being left alone though they aren't left alone for long ,  however some can be prone to seperation anxiety , crate training will be one of the best things you could do , it will give the pup/dog its own safe den to be in and stops them chewing up your house when left ;) a dog walker will really help too :)

anymore questions do not hesitate to ask :) its what we are here for and we are very happy to help out , even if you think the question is silly :)

1.) Are Siberian Huskies playful dogs? Do they play games like fetch? Chase Toys?

It depends on the husky.  Most huskies are playful -- some are just laid back lol.  As for toys, mine will play by herself with toys and I've taught her how to fetch but it doesn't come as easily as it does to other dogs since she prefers to play with other dogs instead.   If you do have a playful husky then you most certainly can train them to fetch.  A friend of mine as well as I, have taught our huskies to reliably fetch.  But again, it's in the personality of the husky.

I have no personal experience with cats and huskies but have read nothing but terrible stories.  I'm certain mine doesn't have a high prey drive as others do but I still wouldn't risk it unless I could have 100% supervision and even then I would still be paranoid. 

Grooming material comes into mind :).   brushes, toothbrushes, dog toothpaste,  etc.  Mine will play with anything so she doesn't have a favorite toy..  For walking I just use a regular collar and gentle lead collar when we're training.   I haven't used a harness in awhile so no input on that.   Kongs are excellent :)!

Again, this depends on the husky and its history.  Some are okay with random schedule changes and some aren't okay with being left alone AT ALL.   I can leave mine whenever and she really won't care.  She'll just watch me leave and then go back to sleep lol.  A few weeks ago a husky that someone fostered was left alone for 6 hours and he completely tore up her couch.   So, it really does depend on the mental status of the dog.  If you plan on being gone for long periods of time, make sure to have someone check on the dog.  But I would recommend making sure the husky you adopt doesn't have severe separation anxiety.  

- My husky is very playful. She loves toys (except she mostly destroys them), loves to pounce on squeaky toys especially. She is also a rare husky in that she WILL play fetch. She won't play for hours on end, but she will easily play for 15-20 minutes until she's panting and tired. I have read that this is not very common, and I would guess if you're getting an older dog, if it didn't like fetch as a puppy, you're probably not going to have much luck teaching it to enjoy fetch.

2.) I own a cat. Is this a big no-no? 

I can't comment on whether or not it's possible, but I know that for ME, having a cat and a husky would be too much anxiety. I would be worried every time the dog left the room that maybe today was the day the cat took off a little too fast and the dog's prey drive kicked in.

3.) What's your husky's favourite toy? What sort of collar/harness do you use for walking? 
Chula's favorite toy is a petstages squeaky

We buy our collars from Lupine.

Currently we are using a Freedom harness for walks, and an Ezydog chest plate for bike riding.

I use a police lead from Indi-dog with my freedom harness, and for bicycling I use a walkydog bike attachment.

When Chula used to like to eat her kibble, we bought various treat dispensing type toys and they were well worth the investment as they kept her busy for a good while. Since she only halfheartedly eats kibble these days, she won't pay attention to her treat balls anymore.

4.) Are huskies okay being alone for extended periods of time? More importantly, are they OKAY with a random schedule that changes from day-to-day?

If you are getting an older dog, I would ask the shelter/rescue if the dog is crate trained or has separation anxiety issues. This should help you determine if your husky can be left alone without going nuts. In my experience, which is admittedly very limited, dogs do thrive on a schedule. Chula wants her walk every morning at 8 am. She knows that she gets a treat at the beginning of her walk if she doesn't pull or flop around when we leave, right next to the neighbors fence post. BUT, that said, I am sure that most dogs can adapt to different schedules. The only thing that needs to be consistent is that the dog is getting regular exercise.

Edited by Chula

2) i have a cat.  i DO NOT trust my husky alone with my cat for one minute. 

Thank you very much for your reply! That is exactly what I was interested in knowing. (: I plan on NEVER having my cat and dog together without me being there and me being able to pay 100 percent attention between the two. If I am not at home, the cat (her name is Junior) will be locked away in my bedroom and the dog will be most likely crated in the living room. I do not plan on using a retractable lead because of that exact reason. I am more or less referring to what seems to be called a "Tie-Out" , as in, just a really long leash. 

Why this has to be the last topic?  we're here for this very purpose; answering questions of newbies and people doing research.

I feel like I could ask questions forever, so I feel bad sometimes. I do not want to be a bother, that is all. But thank you very much!

Every puppy seems to love the kong! I guess when you fill it with goodies, who wouldn't? I LOVE the concept of owning multiple leashes, I never thought of purchasing more than one, thats a good idea! Yeah, that is something I will have to research, and do my best to not adopt a dog that has separation anxiety. 

...try and take them for a walk before you go so they're tired. 

Thank you for the advice Samantha! I plan on taking my dog for a long exhausting walk before I head to work, that way he is most likely to sleep. It is also summer here in Canada and I have been told that the heat attends to be keep them calmer - they are not as active.

i was at the park one time and Kassy was playing. a person came up to me and told me that if my dog attacks his dog he will kill my dog. 

it was very distressing and i cried the whole way home

Oh Gosh, that is awful. :c People are ridiculous. I find it so odd that husky's seem to get a lot of "hate" since people fear them so much. They are such playful lovable dogs from the ones I met. 

post as many topics as you like! lol

I haven't read other peoples answers - mine below relate to my boys and my own personal experiences 

Yes - well, Koda likes to play fetch, the other 2 dont lol they do like toys though but won't bring them to me-i have to run around the garden chasing them  :rolleyes: 

Personally I will say yes - my cat Bella died in October last year, she was 10.  Kimba (then 5) Kaiser, then 4 and Koda, then 3 were brought up with her, one morning they got her and bit her, only playfully, but it was enough, she lay on the floor in the garden slowly dying, i carried her into the house and stayed with her until she passed away, there was nothing I could do for her, and it broke my heart so so much - i'm crying now just thinking about it :(  :cry1: 

They lived with her happily with no near misses for years, and we were always so careful, it takes a split second for the damage to be done :(

3.) What's your husky's favourite toy? What sort of collar/harness do you use for walking?

Rope toy and teddies - but make sure any teddies don't have eyes that can be eaten.  My 3 have the Julius K9 harnesses now and a collar :)

4.) Are huskies okay being alone for extended periods of time?

My 3 are fine - I can change their schedule and they don't bother, we both work full time and hubby comes home at lunch to let them out - they're crated when we're not home

Also, I messaged someone on a site about 5 days ago who has a husky up for adoption and they never responded. They didn't give a number. Should I email again? Sorry, I am new to this. x)

Hi Tina - are you sure it was on this forum - we don't allow the sale of animals on here?x

my boys fave toy/s are tennis balls specially the kong ones that squeak lol , my girl loves squeaky tennis balls too and soft toys , they are her 'babies'

Hahaha, I use to own a Shetland Sheepdog and in my head I knew I would eventually get another dog so I still have all of his fancy grooming equipment. I saw a few videos on a walking belt and that seemed really interesting. I think I will consider getting one in the near future! For the separation anxiety, I am mainly worried about noise since I live in a quiet area.  I will have to do my best to adopt a dog that doesn't have separation anixety. Thank you for your reply!

I have no personal experience with cats and huskies but have read nothing but terrible stories.  

Thank you for your honesty! I'm really unsure about this whole thing because I really love my cat and definitely don't want anything to happen to her. 

Oh wow, he ate the entire couch? That is crazy! I will be sure to make sure somebody comes and checks on the dog when I am gone for too long.

I would guess if you're getting an older dog, if it didn't like fetch as a puppy, you're probably not going to have much luck teaching it to enjoy fetch.

You are probably totally correct. I didn't necessarily mean "fetch" either, I just couldn't think of other dog related activities on the spot. x) I'd basically love a dog that has a happy-go-lucky demeanour - one who enjoys romping around outside, playing around with toys, learning tricks, agility and going for long walks/hikes.

I am sure that most dogs can adapt to different schedules. The only thing that needs to be consistent is that the dog is getting regular exercise.

I plan on going for a good walk in the morning and in the evening. But sometimes I need to be at work for 6:30am, so I don't want to ALWAYS be walking my dog at 5:00am - only days when I work that early. Thank you so much for all of the links to toys and harnesses etc!

…do you guys think have a schedule is specific to Huskies, or all dogs in general? Same with the separation anxiety? Do you think that any dog can get it, or are husky's generally more prone to it?

Personally I will say yes - my cat Bella died in October last year, she was 10.  Kimba (then 5) Kaiser, then 4 and Koda, then 3 were brought up with her, one morning they got her and bit her, only playfully, but it was enough, she lay on the floor in the garden slowly dying, i carried her into the house and stayed with her until she passed away, there was nothing I could do for her, and it broke my heart so so much - i'm crying now just thinking about it 
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. That must have been extremely hard! I can't even imagine. :c Now I'm not sure if I SHOULD get a husky, even though I really adore them and think they fit well with my lifestyle.

Hi Tina - are you sure it was on this forum - we don't allow the sale of animals on here?
It was not on this forum at all! (: I said "on a site" since I know we can't say the site on here.

Why this has to be the last topic?  we're here for this very purpose; answering questions of newbies and people doing research.

I feel like I could ask questions forever, so I feel bad sometimes. I do not want to be a bother, that is all. But thank you very much!

Every puppy seems to love the kong! I guess when you fill it with goodies, who wouldn't? I LOVE the concept of owning multiple leashes, I never thought of purchasing more than one, thats a good idea! Yeah, that is something I will have to research, and do my best to not adopt a dog that has separation anxiety. 

Hey, I've been here a little over 3 years and I still ask questions :) don't feel bad you silly x 

Personally I will say yes - my cat Bella died in October last year, she was 10.  Kimba (then 5) Kaiser, then 4 and Koda, then 3 were brought up with her, one morning they got her and bit her, only playfully, but it was enough, she lay on the floor in the garden slowly dying, i carried her into the house and stayed with her until she passed away, there was nothing I could do for her, and it broke my heart so so much - i'm crying now just thinking about it 

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. That must have been extremely hard! I can't even imagine. :c Now I'm not sure if I SHOULD get a husky, even though I really adore them and think they fit well with my lifestyle.

Hi Tina - are you sure it was on this forum - we don't allow the sale of animals on here?

It was not on this forum at all! (: I said "on a site" since I know we can't say the site on here.

Well, I did say the cat vs husky thing is always gonna be a gamble. Whatever you decided to do (get a Husky or decided not to), keep us posted, alright? :)

About the Husky you're trying to contact; yes I think you should e-mail them again. In fact, message them on Facebook if you can find them there. 

I think most of your questions were answered but I will give you my take on it ;)

1. Are Siberian Huskies playful dogs? Do they play games like fetch? Chase Toys? I feel like this is a ridiculous question, but I have to ask it!

Mine are all playful, mostly with each other.  Yukon will play fetch but he doesn’t think he is a husky LOL.  The other two will go GET the toy, but won’t bring it back!  They all have their toys and like to play with them as well.  They do have a lot of energy though!

I would say to be VERY careful.  You have heard what can happen even though a husky has grown up with a cat.  The results can be devastating L  The only way I would consider it is if you get a puppy and the pup grows up with the cat, but even then I would never let them be unattended.  Personally, I would never allow them to be in the same room together.  Mine all have very high prey drives and the unfortunate happened last winter while sledding.  Kodiak caught an outdoor cat and the other two had turns and it was horrifying. 

Mine love these stuffed femur bones, and they also love their kongs.  They also like stuffed toys, but they only last a couple minutes and Yukon likes to eat the stuffing.  I avoid rope toys for the same reason…Yukon eats the string and poops it out. 

4.) Are huskies okay being alone for extended periods of time? More importantly, are they OKAY with a random schedule that changes from day-to-day?

If you raise a pup then be prepared for a few months of challenges with a random schedule.  Typically they can only be left along for 1 hour for every month, and plus one.  (i.e. a 2 month pup can hold it for 3 hours).  Personally, I think they can adapt.  If you are gone long hours every day (10-12), then I would consider hiring a dog walker or doggy day care.  Mine are left at home from 8-12, and 1-4 (sometimes 5) Monday-Friday. 

Thank you very much everyone! You are all so perfect with your answers, as Al Jones said!

I am going to meet the dogs first and see how they act around my cat. If they don't show much interest, I'll consider adopting. I'll just make sure my cat and dog are never in the same room together without 110% supervision. 

Thank you very much everyone! You are all so perfect with your answers, as Al Jones said!

I am going to meet the dogs first and see how they act around my cat. If they don't show much interest, I'll consider adopting. I'll just make sure my cat and dog are never in the same room together without 110% supervision. 

I've been wondering for quite a while... who's that beauty in your avatar? :) looks like a red heeler or a liver Border Collie? 

3. Fav toy is a kong. Since ours don't pull any more, we use a standard collar. But if a puller, a harness would be better. Some harnesses alloy the dog to back out of them. So check before you buy.

Yeah deffo check, my husky is a little menace, i now use a Julius K9 harness and he STILL manages to back out of it 

My one doesnt mind playing fetch but as already mentioned, he will lose interest, they like to chase and be chased, getting him to interact with other huskys/dogs in secure enclosed areas is always a good way to tire them out :)

if your adopting you'll want to ask about their past, try and get a dog who has been around cats and been brought up with them.. the people you're adopting from if you go to a rehoming place or shelter should be able to help you with that :)

you want to try and get a routine for them even if you are working them hours, like you said you'll have a dog walker come in but yeah do try your best to keep them in a routine.