When Your Dog Pees Inside.

Jase

• 3 weeks later...

I thought huskies never soil in the house. My Siberian Husky Julius went outside from day one. (7 weeks old) He is 2 1/2 now and never went in the house. He had to go so bad when no one was home he opened the top lock and bottom handle and let himself out. He set off the alarm and the police went to my home. I couldn't get mad at him I found diarrhea in the backyard.

• 5 months later...

I have found adding a few drops of the Orange essential oil to some water and spraying it over the pee spot after it has dried kills any left over smell in the room from the pee and vinegar better than using any fresh air spray smelly stuff you can buy from a shop

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When we got our dog off  another family she suffered separation anxiety for months and would often pee inside and defecate when she was left alone for more than 30 mins.

With a few months of training we can now leave her for at least 4 hours at a time without incident and she hasn't had an accident for quite some time.

Before she had the run of the house and we found she wouldn't discriminate where she would go, so we limited the options for her by shutting off access to certain rooms and building up tolerance to us being out of the house bit by bit making it longer each time and making sure we rewarded her with treats every time she went outside whilst we were in, and when we got home if she hadn't messed.

Excitement used to set her off also, as well as the thought of going in the bath which she still needs work on.

We used all sorts of cleaners and was difficult to get rid of the smell sometimes, so will keep this in mind for future reference.

Great post!

I could have used this so many times in the past.  As always Jase, you have shared very useful and practical info with us. Very much appreciated.

• Like 1

I could have used this so many times in the past.  As always Jase, you have shared very useful and practical info with us. Very much appreciated.

Thanks very much Dave for your kind comments :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Our Mia who we got on Saturday, peed in house for 2 days and hasnt done it since. She doesnt pee that often outside instead she is only peeing about 3 or 4 times daily. I used the tip in OP(got from google) I also steam cleaned area just to ensure total cleanliness. Seems to have worked a treat...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, paulb1912 said:

Our Mia who we got on Saturday, peed in house for 2 days and hasnt done it since. She doesnt pee that often outside instead she is only peeing about 3 or 4 times daily. I used the tip in OP(got from google) I also steam cleaned area just to ensure total cleanliness. Seems to have worked a treat...

:goodjob:

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Hi all, well this is my first post on this site ( kiki normally does it ) but just wanted to let you all know, because you have all been great with help and advice, that our little girl has now started peeing outside. she still has the odd accident ( especially when its dark outside, the dark is still a bit scary lol) but she will now do her number 1s and 2s outside.

and both me and kiki are proud to bits of our little girl  [emoji3]

thank again guys

CONGRATULATIONS [emoji322][emoji323][emoji324]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app