Problems From Whimzees Alligator Dental Chews?!

Sorry to hear about her, hope she feels a lot better soon.

I stopped giving antlers to my boy as he is a fairly heavy/avid chewer. He has chipped a little off one of his canines and he can chew through quite a bit in a few hours.

I do give him Vegetable chews that he does fairly well on. Believe they're C.E.T Veggie Dents.

He also gets his raw meals which cleans teeth, but do beware of weight bearing bones as those can also chip teeth fairly easily.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 years later...

I recently switched to Whimzees for my 3 Labrador retrievers and my female chocolate lab has vomited from them twice. Just this week I had to take her to the vet because they thought these treats caused bloat.  Thankfully it wasn't bloat, but she did have a severe bout of  pancreatitis due to this dental chew.  She was sick for 3 days, put on antinausea meds, acid reflux pills, had multiple expensive X-rays for bloat, had to buy Royal canin gastrointestinal wet dogfood by prescription only and a low fat kibble.  I ended up spending $1000 on all of this because I switched to Whimzees from our usual dental chew to save some money ironically. 

But I'd spend it all over again and then some because she's such a wonderful member of our family.  

I won't buy Whimzees ever again and advise others not to do so either.  

Isabella