have just been offered a dog by a stranger

sleeptalker

hi all, have just been out with my two and a lady has come up to us and said she knows of a 12 month malamute that needs rehoming. she said that she has a husky but it isn't out with her as it has eaten a root and is vomitting and she had taken it to the vets, she then said the mal is very good on recall. then she said that her husky has a bite on its back leg and she had just taken it to the vet and paid 200 for stitches. i said no to the dog and now that im home am feeling confused over her dog as to exactly what is wrong with it and how can a mal that isn't walked be good on recall. there are some strange peeps out there, lol

no, not that i recall. maybe i just attract odd people, lol. but on a more serious note, i hope that theres not a dog in trouble, and if there is they rehome safely and not to some stranger in the park. she did say she had approached us as we obviously had experience with the breed, but still....

it does sound a little strange. I had a weird offer like that before with a collie and some people who saw her talking to me came up to me once she had left and mentioned that she knew no dog that needed rehoming at all as she apparently was offering them a staffie that needed a home.

I think you did the right thing saying no to the dog. If you do suspect that an animal is in danger then it may be an idea to make an annomynous repot to the RSPCA.

I had this once, but the person then attempted to follow me home, so I deliberately went the longest route i possibly could and went and knocked at all of my friends houses for a quick chat just to confuse the person! I think they got bored in the end as they turned around and walked off!

I reported it to the police the following day - but they were not interested - as no crime had been committed!

I reported it to the police the following day - but they were not interested - as no crime had been committed!

That sound like the police, useless when you want to report someone! Jamie had some woman go crazy at him (no, it wasn't me) when he confronted her because she was trying to move MY bike over instead of coming in and asking us to move it (Which we would have done, but she never asked). When Jamie called the police about it they said they couldn't do anything as it was on private land (What a load of crap!). So now Jamie has told them that if she parks next to his shop again he is going jack her car up and move her car!