R.i.p Eponine

Our older members surely remember Stephanie (Fox Tink and Eponine). She is no longer a part of this forum unfortunately, but I still thought this news is worth sharing. For those who don't know, Eponine was found as a stray by our other ex-member. She was previously named Chukchi. But since Chukchi's rescuer couldn't care for her, he came to H-O to find her a new home. That's when Stephanie, who lived several states away, stepped up. The rest of the forum then created a list of volunteers to transport Eponine to her new home :) Eponine's journey is still one of the most memorable moments in the three years I've spent roaming this forum, and I'm sure it's also impossible to forget for other members who witnessed her journey from thread to thread, picture to picture. Eponine was one of the symbols that showed just how much of a family we are, and how compassionate husky owners can be.

Last night, Stephanie posted a Facebook status about Eponine's passing. This is the original status:

I've been looking for the words but they just aren't coming the way they do normally. Miss Eponine couch walker, foot licker, snuggle empress...lead girl of our home has crossed the rainbow bridge. She wasn't alone, and she knew she was loved. I miss her so much.

Run free, beautiful girl. You're sorely missed. 

sadly i haven't had the pleasure of knowing Stephanie or Eponine being so new, but i get the impression i have joined one big happy family in this forum and this must be a great sadness to many of you.

so for this i send best wishes to all of you who have been touched by this loss and wish Eponine well on the next part of her journey on the other side if the rainbow 

xxx