Oh, Dear This Isn't Good.

Andy

Rachel...bravo to take this challenge. You will win and you'll have a lovely dog in time. Thought of putting the 'IN TRAINING' collar and harness on? ...that'd shut everyone up!

A pistol grip water sprayer worked very quickly on my Chester (even though he loves water!)

And he stopped jumping up pretty fast.

Pre warning your visitors to turn away and go back out the door says 'rejection' to your new girl and she'll get the message fairly fast that jumping is a no no. They may need to repeat it but it's worth it! And of course reward treats for being polite and staying down will be great. Good luck hun.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Look at the news article that  started the story look at latest news it tells of Sled dog races at Loch Morlick with 2500 huskys.  On the 26th January Ill see if I can get up there  to see whats happening. We got snow here in the Lowlands so they should have buckets full. 

7 hours ago, Verrillion said:

Look at the news article that  started the story look at latest news it tells of Sled dog races at Loch Morlick with 2500 huskys.  On the 26th January Ill see if I can get up there  to see whats happening. We got snow here in the Lowlands so they should have buckets full. 

think that the 2500 huskys might be a miss print last time i was in scotland at one of the sled races it was more like 200 max

Ill point out a point of intrest regarding dogs in Wales. When I was the Afon Wen panning quite a few locals brought there dogs to let off the lead and walk them  who came from Dolgellau. They could not walk them in Dolgellau as the farmers in the area of the town regularly shot dogs anywhere near there fields even when on leads. Ill add another point I was amazed to see a. husky in Tesco Dumfries at Christmas in the store. He was a helping dog I said hello but did not find out what type of help he was.

I did think if huskys can be that well trained that their singing could be of some use in situations plus if trained as dogs for the blind then blind marathon runners could win races.

13 minutes ago, Verrillion said:

They could not walk them in Dolgellau as the farmers in the area of the town regularly shot dogs anywhere near there fields even when on leads.

if that is true the farmer could be charged with multiple charges and face long jail time , unless the dog is off the lead  running around its illegal to shoot them.

Charges that coule be brought,  Assault with a dangerous weapon, Criminal damage (law sucks as it see's dogs as property) attempted murder etc etc

Also as far as i know Huskys are ruled out as helper dogs cus they are such indipendant  buggers. could be an un recognised  ES dog but i doubt any of the service dog groups that provide certification booklets would  give it one, All real dogs get a book like a passport that is the document your supposed to carry if they show you a printed card they are fake and can be got off ebay for about 15 quid, but can lead to  user being sued for costs if teh store has a problem and face  criminal charges if the fake service dog attacks or disrupts a real service dog doing its job

I have a real service dog and it really agrivates me when i meet a dog that is a fake

A friend lives in a village out of Dolgellau and you need to be English living in Wales and not speak Welsh to experience racism at its worst . As said Dolgellau is  a dangerous place. But nothing to the total hatred they have for Welsh who cant speak Welsh. I had a "friend" who lived at Bron Aber who experienced horrors . Hes dead now but had retired there from Cumbrawnn  .Suprisingly he was scared as he had been head of the mafia  in south Wales.  The husky in Tesco had the panels on as help dog . I did not question its authontisiticy so as not to get a husky into trouble if it was wrong. I saw it twice one going round the store and passing it when leaving . I patted him on the way out , Ive new phone would have taken a photo if I knew how to operate the phone. Ill keep a eye out to take a photo.   Bora Da or Nos Starr

Just picking up on your point of rascism in Wales. We live in mid wales, my family’s Irish and we’ve lived here for nearly 20 years. My youngest son has been schooled through the medium of welsh since he was 2, I speak a little but understand better and there are parts of Wales where the English aren’t as welcome but there’s a reason for that. As far back as 1847, reports were made into the state of education in Wales, it was reported that schools in Wales were inadequate and it concluded that the Welsh as a race were ‘ignorant’ ‘lazy’ and ‘immoral’ and that the main causes of this was continuing the use of the welsh language. In some areas speaking Welsh was banned and they were forced to speak English. The Welsh are proud to speak their own language and English speaking parents are now choosing to school their children solely through the medium of Welsh. I can fully understand why there are issues between Welsh and English and I certainly don’t condone rascism in any way. When will people realise we’re all human, wherever we’re from and embrace differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

A friend lives in a village out of Dolgellau and you need to be English living in Wales and not speak Welsh to experience racism at its worst . As said Dolgellau is  a dangerous place. But nothing to the total hatred they have for Welsh who cant speak Welsh. I had a "friend" who lived at Bron Aber who experienced horrors . Hes dead now but had retired there from Cumbrawnn  .Suprisingly he was scared as he had been head of the mafia  in south Wales.  The husky in Tesco had the panels on as help dog . I did not question its authontisiticy so as not to get a husky into trouble if it was wrong. I saw it twice one going round the store and passing it when leaving . I patted him on the way out , Ive new phone would have taken a photo if I knew how to operate the phone. Ill keep a eye out to take a photo.   Bora Da or Nos Starr

If he was a service dog you aren’t supposed to pat them!

Also I don’t know why you are calling Dolgellau a dangerous place nor bringing the topic of the Welsh language into this conversation. I completely understand why people get angry about Welsh people not being able to speak Welsh, would you live in any other country and not be able to speak the language? Some seaside towns are being overtaken by rich English people buying all the homes as second homes who complain about duel language road signs and call people who speak Welsh in front of them rude. Totally understand the anger. Welsh is unfortunately a dying language and every effort should be made to keep it alive. On which note I think you mean Cwmbran, Bore Da and Nos Dda. Quite a bizarre post.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app
  • Like 1

Should i point out that i am only half welsh  do not speak wales live in the town in Pontypridd and do not have any problems

but no where in wales would tollerate  people walking up and shooting a dog on a lead, this would be a criminal  attack and no one would allow  it to happen and if it did it would be all over the news

• Like 1

My brother lives in Wales, is English , as far as I know probably only knows whatever welsh his 6 year old daughter has told him she's learnt in school and has never had any negativity , I get it happens , it does no matter where you live , but I don't think this is really the place for it 🤷‍♀️ I could be wrong

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

Ok I mentioned theses things they happen to be true might be dated as it was 20 years ago. I lived in Dolgellau area for 10 years . I was not a tourist .It used to take me two days to go in and two days to depart as it took that going round seeing all friends in the area. Friends who brought there dogs out to the forest all of 14 miles told me of difficulties in Dolgellau.  Yes did not look up spelling of Cwmbran .  My friend on road to Barmouth had property there that went right down to the waters edge.  The local farmer bought up the redundant farm next to him  towards Barmouth . He then had his cows move to fresh fields in the new pasture heed got. Instead of driving them around the road through traffic and round my friends property he broke  down the hedges and fence on my friends land and drive them through his property. My friend kept repairing his fence even using barbed wire.

It ended up the farmer going round my friends house and shooting dead his black Labrador who was inside with all her puppys. Im in tears  as I used to like her and she was as good as gold. The farmer claimed they had all been out chasing his  sheep. Not sure if police involved. I nearly years ago went back to visit him during time we had foot and mouth come to our area with presents . I only did not due to having friends with farmer at Bonttu. Note  while I was there holiday cottages were been burnt down . Local Merribion Glendowwer guy who had been to prison lived on farm near Bron Aber.