Gone Too Soon

Mia-Blue

We've sent Belle over the rainbow bridge tonight :(

post-9358-0-18105500-1395087706_thumb.jp

She was only 5 years old

My hubby and I are gutted at her very early departure from this world but following a traumatic weekend we were advised to let her go.

On Friday evening she went out with Martin lamping, but whilst chasing a rabbit she collapsed with a seizure. She eventually regained consciousness but just wasn't right in herself. As you can see from the picture Belle doesn't have much fur due to a hormonal imbalance. The vet thinks that finally the toil of the condition proved too much for her little body :(

She has been crying in pain all weekend and even the strong painkillers haven't taken the edge off. The vet offered to xray her to look for bone damage but advised against it saying treatment wouldn't help.

So at 6pm we nursed her together as she went across the rainbow bridge to join Mouse our beloved cat that we lost to the road a year ago last week :(

The only blessing we have is that she enjoyed her last night of working on the lamp and was on the heels of a rabbit as she collapsed. The vet is certain if she hadn't have been a working dog her condition would have taken her a few years ago.

hopefully now she is pain free.....and maybe has a full coat of fur!

We're going to miss our little fruit bat <3

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RIP Belle run free of pain.

Lots of other dawgies to run and play with.

Breath easy pretty girl 

RIP Belle...Run Free...Run Far..Run Fast...catch all the rabbit's you can.....

That really is a lovely thought, Belle was at her happiest when she had the scent of a rabbit xx

So sorry Debs, it's never easy letting them go.  It will be 2 years this summer since we had to make that decision for our cat Willow.  He was 19 years old and falling apart but knowing he was old didn't help, it stiill hurt like mad and still does truth be told.

Run free over the bridge Belle, beautiful little lady.  xxx 

So sorry Debs, it's never easy letting them go. It will be 2 years this summer since we had to make that decision for our cat Willow. He was 19 years old and falling apart but knowing he was old didn't help, it stiill hurt like mad and still does truth be told.

Run free over the bridge Belle, beautiful little lady. xxx

It's the first time we've had to make that decision Emma....of our past pets 1 cat moved out and another was lost to the road.

Poor Abbie was heartbroken and Brooke made me promise that Mia and Teo wouldn't get ill till they are really old :(

Such a hard thing to have to do and trust me it doesn't get any easier with experience. :(  the hardest part for me was watching my children grieving and knowing that I can't stop them hurting.   Our first time of having to do this was about 4 years ago, one of my son's syrian hamsters had got wet tail.  She was a cool hamster, used to sit on my shoulder whilst I walked around and did the housework!   :D  We tried medicine to make her better but it failed so we had to take her in.  The vet was talking to my son trying to soothe him and he just stood there fine, I on the other hand was bawling my eyes out.  Wasn't until we left that my son asked when we would see her again.  Turned out he didn't realise that when we said to him to say goodbye it was forever, he thought they were keeping her in to make her better.  He just crumpled in the car and I  honestly can't tell you how I managed to drive home without crashing into something. 

Such a hard thing to have to do and trust me it doesn't get any easier with experience. :( the hardest part for me was watching my children grieving and knowing that I can't stop them hurting. Our first time of having to do this was about 4 years ago, one of my son's syrian hamsters had got wet tail. She was a cool hamster, used to sit on my shoulder whilst I walked around and did the housework! :D We tried medicine to make her better but it failed so we had to take her in. The vet was talking to my son trying to soothe him and he just stood there fine, I on the other hand was bawling my eyes out. Wasn't until we left that my son asked when we would see her again. Turned out he didn't realise that when we said to him to say goodbye it was forever, he thought they were keeping her in to make her better. He just crumpled in the car and I honestly can't tell you how I managed to drive home without crashing into something.

Aww Emma, that must have been so hard!

I left Abbie with a neighbour, goodness knows what I looked like. She opened the door to my red, blotchy and crying face.....I don't suppose she could say no to watching Abbie for me!

Aww, I think she'd understand.  At least it shows you have a heart and that you cared for Belle very deeply.  She may of lived a short life but it was one full of love and that's what counts most.  :)