Broken Tooth

Chula

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To ease your concern: I have witnessed a dog lose 29 teeth after one dental and the next day he was back to eating normally. (With pain meds, but yeah...) In 99% of the dentals I've done/seen, the dogs adapt amazingly well and have no trouble by the next day. The ones who have trouble usually had an awful infection beforehand and take time to get rid of it.

If she lost this tooth it won't impact her very much - she will be less bothered by no tooth than by a broken tooth. If the tooth is in danger of breaking again after going through all of the (very expensive) trouble to fix it instead of removing it, then I personally wouldn't put much thought into it.

I hope everything goes well for her! And be safe in all the snow D:

Did she have any trouble taking the pain meds after her extraction? We give her pills in the pill pockets but even now with her sore tooth she's struggling to take her antibiotics. I'm worried we won't be able to get her to take them.

Cj also broke a tooth shortly after she came home to us. So far she hasn't had any issues. Hope everything goes smooth for Chula

Yeah they have to take this tooth. It's too badly fractured to fix or leave as it is. Because of the type of break, stuff gets jammed up in there and I was able to get a look at her gums and there was definitely an abscess starting. And it's definitely hurting her and it makes me cry to know she's in pain.

It's starting to turn black. It's becoming a challenge to get her to take her antibiotics because she spits out the pill pockets so she can try to break it into smaller pieces.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Surgery rescheduled for tomorrow because of weather. And now she's somehow cut her back right foot near her toe and it's bleeding, plus her front left dewclaw looks not so great. Sigh. This dog is on a suicide mission I swear. Hopefully they can take a look at her feet tomorrow while she's under and see if there's anything that needs to be done.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

They just called and Chula's extraction is all done! They said it went better than expected and that from the looks of the tooth it must have been causing her considerable pain, so she will probably feel better right away even with the surgical wound. I'm very relieved! I know it's a common procedure but any time she has to go under anesthesia I can't help but worry!