Someone To Look After Kai ???

LuvMyKai

Hi guys! Um, i hope this is ok to post this on here, if not someone let me know...

Ok, i am going on holiday in july for about 5 weeks for my sisters wedding (excited!!!!!!) Now i was wondering whether there is anyone on here who dog sits or would be willing to dog sit Kai. I obviously would prefer a fellow husky owner to look after him and am definitely not putting him into kennels and am sure i can find other arrangements if needed but i really wanted to put it up here first and see if there's anyone on here that would be able to help as i feel that other husky owners are really the only ones who completely understand the husky personality and behavior.

Now a bit of info on the devil dog himself...

Kai is a 3 year old husky but still acts like a complete pup. He is very hyper and loves his walks/runs. He doesnt get on well with small furries, he doesnt try to hurt them but the way he pounces around them im worried he'd accidentally squash them :P He can be a little mouthy and sometimes just needs a stern word to put him back in his place. He requires at least 2-3 walks a day and normally after his walks is quite calm and just chills. He cannot by any means be let off the lead at all and his recall at times can be appalling, he knows that you're calling him but his stubbornness means he just wont listen. Another of the husky traits he takes very seriously is being an escape artists, he will definitely require someone with a fully fenced yard to look after him and they will need to keep a close eye not to leave him unattended in the garden as he likes to redecorate gardens by digging, and sometimes even trying to destroy fence panels (yes seriously, he breaks them with his teeth). He can be quite stubborn and a typical husky and i know that the way ive described him he sounds like a demon dog but hes not all bad, he does like a good cuddle and loves nothing better than to play with other dogs , go on his walks and then relax.   

Now of course i will be providing his food, bed, bedding, toys, lead, harness and bowls and will also be paying you to look after him so if you think that you can take on the challenge of dog sitting my ASBO pup, please let me know of any details, any questions you may have and prices of looking after him for 5 weeks.

Also, i have told you of all the bad habits he has (im sure theres more lol) and this is the really important bit, if anyone does decide that they can help me out and look after him for me, i need you to ensure me that he will be looked after the same way as you would your own pups, the thought of leaving him seriously stresses me out and worries me so much so i need total reassurance that whoever looks after him will treat him well even when he is being a pain and acting up. Regardless of the way he acts, im sure you can all understand, he is still my baby and i just want him well looked after. 

Thanks !!! :)

You have just described my 8 year old "witch" Myshka to a T :lol: :lol:

Mehjy, where do you live? Is there anyone local like a house sitter that perhaps your vet can recommend to go in a few times a day? They normally get to know reputable dog sitters. Is he an indoor dog or could he stay in an outdoor kennel / run of a day?

Depends on the area you're in... If you're in the Leicestershire area I MAY be able to help you but still wouldn't you feel better off with her being with a relative or something?

Unfortunately im in the Birmingham area, and yes family/friends would have been my first idea but none of my relatives like or know how to look after dogs never mind huskies and all of my friends either own cats or small yappy dogs who don't get on well with bigger dogs ...

Depends where bout you are im more then happy to help.

Birmingham?

You have just described my 8 year old "witch" Myshka to a T :lol: :lol:

Mehjy, where do you live? Is there anyone local like a house sitter that perhaps your vet can recommend to go in a few times a day? They normally get to know reputable dog sitters. Is he an indoor dog or could he stay in an outdoor kennel / run of a day?

Aha, thank goodness its not only Kai!  Hmm, didnt consider asking the vets, will deffo try that too if i don't find someone on here, thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi, I know it's probably too late, but I'm just up the road if you are still desperate x

Hi, sorry i havent been on h-o in ages due to being so busy with wedding shopping and stuff so haven had a chance to update this thread... Thankyou so much for your offer but i found a place a few weeks ago, a lovely little place in the countryside where the dogs are able to play and roam freely in an enlcosed space throughout the day :D .. Thanks again for your offer it was very kind :)   x

Will post on her Facebook she's not online much now

Cheers Nix for letting me know :D