Ceaser's technique is starting to work

Recently, Ive been trying to get my 3 to walk on the lead without pulling my arm out of socket!

Before I used to permantly be trying to hold them back, hoping that they may learn to calm down but I found out, by watching the dog whisperer the other day, that this can actually make them stronger!

I was looking at his techinque of making a quick, sharp pull back on the lead and at the same time do that "shhh" thing that ceasar does and then relax my arm back down and carry on. It didn't work with Marley or Gizmo but it worked wonders with Bandit! It has taken a while but yesterday when I took him out he did walk next to me with no pulling for about 5 minutes, which for Bandit is great. Well done Bandit :biggthumpup:

Im still continuing it with all of them but Marley does seem to learn better with a clicker so I may get one and try that with Marley.

Has anyone else tried ceaser's technique with thier Husky or Malamute? Did it work for you?

I use a halti harness on gizmo which has an extra clip on it so you can attach it to either the collar or head collar. http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/halti-harness.php

http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-2+dog/category-is-2d+collars,+leads+and+tags/category-is-2D05+Plain/product-is-V00203

This is the lead that use with the harness onn Gizmo and we attach both ends onto the front of the harness so it put the point of control to the front of Gizmos chest which hasn't stopped him from pulling but it makes it alot easier to control him.

At first I was a bit worried on using a harness on Gizmo as that's what is used when they race them but I have no regrets using a harness now.

We did buy a head collar for Gizmo but he didn't like it at all so that idea went out the window.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am always trying to use Ceasar's tecniques and find they really do work and I love his show. I think you just have to keep thinking where there is a will there is a way lol. Also, I had only been using a harness with my dogs and recently went to a training class where hey actually said that using a harness with a pulling type dog on walks will only make them pull more. Plus, I had been using an extendo lead. I have now bought a new training collar and lead for my boy and so will see how that goes.

Hi, I am always trying to use Ceasar's tecniques and find they really do work and I love his show. I think you just have to keep thinking where there is a will there is a way lol. Also, I had only been using a harness with my dogs and recently went to a training class where hey actually said that using a harness with a pulling type dog on walks will only make them pull more. Plus, I had been using an extendo lead. I have now bought a new training collar and lead for my boy and so will see how that goes.

Let us know how it goes with him! My biggest problem is staying in the right frame of mind, but hopefully soon I will learn some techniques to stay in the right mind, then it should be much easier when thats dealt with!