Switching To Sky

Husky-gunner

been looking at this option for a while now at the min i am with virgin

yea the internet with virgin is very very fast i am getting around 50mbs but sky are offering me 25% off for 12 months and even after this it would still be £25 cheaper for the full package

i would be getting full package i.e   all channels including sky sports and sky movies both of witch are free for 12 months sky 3D, phone, and internet for way less than what i am getting now

what i wanted to know is whats skys internet like?

cannot help you there Lee sorry...I just know my package: tv HD lots of channels - internet 200 mb down 10 mb up -  2 phone lines free national calls free mobile calls and cheap europe...for € 95,- a month,,,,

Hopefully Sky will work out for you,,,,

OOh i have sky!  When your deal ends, do what Paul does and phone them up and tell them "you are thinking about leaving, it's far too much money, what they gonna do about it?".  They then say "ok, we'll do this, this, and this." Haggle away with them and you will end up with multiple discounts.  Ended up reducing our monthly bills to less than half last time he did that and when it expires Paul will start all over again, lol. :up:

In this area Sky bb is crap if you can live with that for 12 months go for it but if they offered it me for a 1/3 of what I pay now I'd still say NO :(

i know what your saying and i really am in two minds if to just haggle or switch mite try to haggle first see what they say as they do hate losing to sky if they dont come up with something good then i will just tell them to shove it

I have Sky broadband unlimited and mine has been fine but it really depends what you use it for tbh i really only use mine for FB, the forum and my forum tbh

well tbh storm thats really all i will be doing only normal use like you say forum and general internet i dont download films or stream anything so not sure yet

well tbh storm thats really all i will be doing only normal use like you say forum and general internet i dont download films or stream anything so not sure yet

Then you wont have any issues though i have also "bought" films..... and had no issues there either! very fast tbh i think its fine!

I have also had virgin broadband it was 50meg and yeah was quick but i had SO many problems with it i got fed up of it and having to constantly ring them and be without internet for a day at a time! Never had an issue with Sky!