Police Seize An Alaskan Malamute As Six-Day-Old Baby In Pontyberem Dies

Dunc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is  as has been said before ..Sensationalism sells news!!

I agree the press should report and they should have freedom of speech.. but they should also take their responsibilities seriously and report factually, not for the sake of sales and/or viewing figures 

starting to think negatively here...  :mellow: maybe the press didn't publish the post mortem result because it's contradictory to the first news they published ("mal killed baby!")? sometimes it happens around here. People just don't want to be embarrassed. 

My mum said there was an update on the news the other day just saying they have finished the post mortem and they are just going over the results, the dog still hasnt been destroyed and there have been no arrests made....

It sounds horrible but i hope it is the dog that has killed the baby, just because the thought of the parents or anyone else for that matter killing the baby is worse than it being an accident with an animal...

nah I don't think it's the parents either :( maybe little one is sick? They're so vulnerable at that age...

And maybe the parents freaked out and thought they would get into trouble so they blamed the closest thing to them.....

Could always have been SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)...people tend to freak out when their baby suddenly just dies for no reason (which is understandable, anyone would freak out), and if they panicked thinking it was something they did wrong and decided to blame the dog so that they wouldn't get in trouble that could be a plausible explanation as well...but I suppose we'll find out what happened eventually

Have just read this too Rob, still seems really strange why it's taken this long and why the police are not saying how the baby died. Surely if it was from a dog attack this would be obvious?

I really hope it wasn't foul play and not wanting to judge the parents, it just seems very odd! :(

RIP little pooches....

I dont get it though, surely if the dogs have been destroyed, they would have said 'the cause of death was an attack from a dog' Something is not right.....

this article says that the dogs were involved (ok it is the DM)  Police sources, however, confirmed that the dogs were involved in the killing and that the parents were not being investigated - which suggests that the dogs are solely responsible for the killing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572935/Eliza-Mae-Mullane-Pair-dogs-killed-six-day-old-baby-girl-destroyed-police-forensic-testing.html