Police Seize An Alaskan Malamute As Six-Day-Old Baby In Pontyberem Dies

Dunc

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds fishy to me bit out the paper 'Another neighbour told the paper that she caught the dog in the street and handed it over to police.

She described it as a "big dog and white around the mouth" but added that she "didn't see anything that caught my eye to say anything had gone on".

white around the mouth ERM if it attacked an killed surely there'd be blood stains ????

There seems to be differing info according to what news site you read.  If you believe 'the mail' then apparantly the mother walked in to find the mally laying next to the baby on the floor with it's head bitten.  She then ran to a neighbours uncontrollably sobbing (well lets face it, who wouldn't be if you discovered something like that, sends a chill down my spine thinking about it) and saying repeatedly   "The dog ate my baby's head. He's blaming me for it - the baby's gone".  No idea if that's accurate or not.  It doesn't list who the source was, but I would assume it was the neighbour?  Guess we'll know more later on.  Waiting for the backlash against spitz breeds to begin now.  It'll happen sooner or later, I'm sure.

The article is very vague which leads me to believe that there is doubt over the dog being involved otherwise they probably would have blatantly stated that the dog was at fault and would probably have been PTS already...it's very sad to think that the dog may be linked to the baby's death though

Sorry but why was a dog left with a 6 day old baby

That is what most people are asking, and so too did I, but with more & more being released about this & the police taking the parents away for questioning AND the dog not being PTS as in other mauling cases, has the dog been near the child at all? A lot of the stories coming out don't make any sense at the moment & I guess they won't until after the post mortem. Whatever the outcome, RIP, baby girl xx

I thought that article was really vague too and it was poorly written. Didn't make any sense and the whole situation sounds fishy. There has to be more info. Tragic story tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

So how many people think this isnt the dog? Im sorry but who leaves any dog with a baby or young child? I know that even though my four sibes are the sweetest dogs ever, i would never under any circumstance leave them alone with a young child or baby. I strongly believe that this mal hasnt attacked this little girl. First of all there was apparently no blood on the dog, im sorry but it would have been covered, they arent exactly neat eaters :/ There would have been nothing left of the baby. 

There are dangerous dogs but there are also uneducated owners who get these wonderful breeds as a trophy....

I dont know what else to say apart from if this little girl's parents have accused the dog to get a headline in the paper, well they are sick.