Little X Pops Up To Stop Me From Posting.

Emma

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, it certainly was.  Thank god I had Marc's eyes to scrutinise things as my own were looking straight at the problem several times over and not recognising it for what it was.  :(

You'll be pleased to hear Rob that i've set a restore point this morning!   :)  Figured this was probably the best time to do it as it's likely the "cleanest" the laptop's been in a long time, lmao.

Also am feeling a bit inspired to tackle the upstairs pc now.  It'll take forever as when it comes to the programmes list it'll be immense and I'm gonna have to google some of the more unusual stuff to find out what they are and if I need them or not, lol.  It's also got 2 hardrives, so I'll have double the workload but I need to do it, have to teach myself what's what so the next time I make a mistake I can recognise the enemy for what it is!  :D

omg!!!!

I am going to figuritively KILL my children!!!

So far I've manually removed about a dozen things from the programmes list, avast kept popping up to tell me I couldn't remove it because it wanted to put it in the virus vault!

I've now moved onto the superantispyware and bearing in mind this is a much more powerful and bigger machine than the puny little laptop, we're only five minutes in to the scan and it's found 56 threats (not including the 2 trojan horses that have also been spotted!). Unlike the laptop which was clean everywhere except the files items, the pc has a major registry issue!!!  

This is gonna be looooonnnnng!  Someone remind me who thought this was gonna be a good idea?  :banghead:

Paul's just finished bellowing at the kids "No more downloading cr*p for minecraft!  EVER!!!"  They're looking very sheepish (and so they damn well should!).

On the plus side, IE9 is finally working.  Proper touch, because that hasn't been responsive for  months!  lmao.

I know those bellowing to kids about their downloads on pc's... now they have there own  whatever they do they have to sort it out themselves and if money needs to be paid they have to deal with it themselves,...  PC bank of Rob & DI has been closed... :D

I'm still waiting for those days, lol. Mine are only 16 and 10, so got a while to go yet.  I'm definitely not going to tell my dad about this as he's always told me to sort out a separate user account for the kids like he has had to do with my mother!  :rofl:  He's lost count of the amount of times she's brought the whole system crashing down to the ground, so she's been banned from administrator priviledges!  pmsl. 

Now 38 mins in and 184 threats detected, and 4 trojan's, lol.  And this is from the c: which I know is considerably better than the other hard drive, I'm shuddering at the prospect of what i'll find on there. 

On the plus side, IE9 is finally working.  Proper touch, because that hasn't been responsive for  months!  lmao.

Working is a term which should be used very very loosely with internet explorer lol

:rofl:  :rofl: that is why in this household everybody has there own machine....

We have more machines than people lol

Working is a term which should be used very very loosely with internet explorer lol

We have more machines than people lol

same here..spare laptops and pc's let's not talk about screens LOLOL...

MMnnnn.  So I've noticed.   When I say it's working, I mean it's loading a screen rather than looking at me blankly and doing sweet nothing, lol.  I'm beginning to remember why I stopped using it now, lol.  Having to refresh the page and restore autosaved content just to get the damn thing to post!  Don't get me started on notifications either, lol.  Put simply, I just can't view them, lol.  Mind you, I've not finished the spyware scan yet and that might be taking up a lot resources and affecting things.  Nor have I done a virus check (although superspyware seems to be doing that anyway) so I probably shouldn't point the finger of blame just yet, lol.  But as soon as this has finished i'm changing browser....carefully, lol.

Think I'll have to re-install Maxathon again at some point as Paul moaned at me yesterday when he realised it had gone.  Apparantly he liked it best, whoops!  I didn't realise?!!   :erm: