Croxteth Park Walks

Marc

Hi All,

I have just been contacted by Liverpool City Council with regards to husky meets which are being arranged within Croxteth Park. Unfortunatly there have been some complaints by other users of the parks made.

The guy I have been speaking to has stated that he does not by any means want to stop people from using the park for this purpose, and in fact is glad people enjoy the park, however needs to ensure that it is at the correct time (ie. areas to avoid when events are on) and do's don't whilst using the park.

Purely out of politeness please could you ensure that you contact the Events department for Croxteth Hall & Country park if you intend to hold a meet there to ensure that we are abiding by their rules and showing that husky owners are responsible owners. This is something which I feel is important to all of us.

I do know of a couple of people who organise meets in the park in which I will send out information to regarding a direct contact, however if you organise meets in there yourself and would like the contact details please let me know and I will send you these over.

I have not added the guys name/telephone number on here as don't want the guy to be unduly inundated with calls. Please only call if you are the one organising it (even if you are not on the forum, feel free to ask me for the information), then you can pass on the information to people who are attending. This way we ensure everyone knows the rules and the information is not repeated by the Park manager more than required.

I'm sure we all agree the last thing we want to do is make our meets uncomfortable or a danger to others and this quick things can solve that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick addition to this. Would like to say thankyou to Chris (jim_tinmois) who has gone out of his way on this to go and see them regarding meets they have there. Wanted to mention it here as its good to see people going out of their way to show that most of us are responsible owners and don't want to cause problems for others.