Leg Crossing

Yeah he does look pretty regal when he's doing it, can't be comfy though. I have to say I've not noticed other breeds doing this, Huskies are so strange :)

Our old GSD, Jake he did this almost every day.. :P

It's definitely not just a Husky thing, my spaniel and lab both did it and Sasha, who is a Husky, also does it.  Okay, as I've said before "Google is my friend"

Fluther.com has a small discussion there ...

If you look at the elbow joint, slightly rotating the shoulder joint means that the full weight of the torso does not rest directly on top of the bone. If you rotate your own elbows away from your sides, you’ll notice that you hands move toward each other. In the case of dog legs, they will sometimes cross their feet so that the elbows can move even further out. It’s just more comfortable.

WikiAnswers has this comment regarding Labs who do this:

They are just resting. This is not really a breed trait, many dogs do this, but you will see it often on dogs, like labs, who have longer legs in proportion to their bodies (also called "up on leg").

and YahooAnswers has several discussions

Edited by Al Jones