I Say Goodbye

CARRINGTON

First I just want to say thank you to everyone who welcomed me on this site and helped me with Balto when I thought I was at my ropes end. He was such a great dog and I loved him very much.

Now to the story: Balto was outside on his harness and lead while we were working on my mother in laws roof. Balto has been on this lead I don't know how many times and has been really good on it. Well baby woke up from her nap and my husband cut his hand so he went inside to get it cleaned and some bandage while I went to grab the baby and and put her in her swing. Well we came back out after being inside for maybe 15 minutes and Balto was gone!!! His harness was still there as he chewed through his harness!!!! That shocked us as he has had that harness for over a year and this is the first time he ever tried this, so we grabbed little britches and got in the truck and went looking for him calling his name and everything but he never came and we never saw him (his mother in law lives out in the country) well a few days later after still looking we see a little white fluff ball on the side of the road and we stop and sure enough there was Balto dead as he was hit by a car :( I felt terrible and cried like a baby. We buried him and said nice words. He will be missed especially by little britches as that was her dog and there would be times where only he could calm her down if he stuck his nose close enough so she could touch it she would instantly calm down.

Now that I no longer have a husky I am no longer a husky owner. Eventually Zach and I hope to adopt another husky but for now we just want to grieve our loss. Again I thank everyone for the great year I had on this site, and everyone I have met. I will miss all of you and all the great advice plus all the great pictures (pictures are my favorite)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Balto :(. I'm in shock with tears in my eyes. I can't imagine what your going through. Balto felt like family and like I lost a part of my own family. I hope you do stick around and take the time to grieve

Again I'm so shocked and sad to hear this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Carrington, I so sorry to hear this, as Jay says, you are family and with all the good and bad you still hung in there.  I understand needing to step back, I had to do that when Misty went missing - it just hurt so bad I couldn't look at anyone's pictures or read their comments ...

Take care of yourself and the little one and drop in from time to time, just to let us know how you all are doing.

RIP Balto!

Thank you. He was the best dog I ever had. After he final started to get along with Charlene if she would cry he would run  to where she was check on her and then come get us and go back in the room and sit there until we came and picked her up and then he would go on and play but any time she was in the pack in play or crib and would start crying he was the first one in there and if we were not right behind he would come get us and make sure we were right behind. Anytime she was on the floor playing he would just come over with his toy and lay by her and watch her to make sure she was doing ok. I was so sure they were going to grow up to be best friends and would and would play together. I am just so hurt he was only out there for maybe 15 minutes if even that and then he was gone. I felt like I should have brought him in but of course hearing my daughter cry I immediately did my mom duties and it was only to put her in her swing after I checked her diaper and cuddled with her to make sure she was ok. Even though I have vacuumed the house I still see little husky tumbleweeds.

Damn those cars,they hit dogs and run away like nothing happend... :/ 

Sorry for your loss :( Run free Balto ! RIP !

I think that after so much time spent here with the members you are part of the family no matter if you have husky or not.

I hope you will get one asap to stop thinking so much of Balto maybe.

And yea some moderator to move this in Rainbow Bridge,it won't be bad i think 

Oh no, I am so sorry to read this. You did nothing wrong and I am sure that everyone here would have done exactly the same thing. A very sad and unfortunate accident. I hope to see you back here when the time is right. 

Run free Balto.

Cannot even begin to imagine what you are experiencing. Husky Hugs to your family.

I'm shocked :( R.I.P Balto... I still can't believe what I'm reading :( he was so young.... 

Massive hugs to you and your family Carrington. Not trying to hold you back but... you don't need to leave, really. Maybe the forum name is husky owners, but what united us is our love for the breed. As long as somebody loves the breed, it doesn't matter if they own one or not. Plus, you've been an essential part of the forum for the past year. You'll always have a place here. I will always remember you as a part of my big husky family. So i hope you'd come back in the future xxx 

once again my deepest condolences to your family :(