New Chat Bar

Marc

So then guys, been a while since I installed any new additions to the forum (well, last week but thats besides the point) so I decided I would add something new to the forum ... Well... old ... but ... well ... new. OK OK so here goes.

There has been a new chatbar installed on the forum. Looks very much like the old one but sorts out a few issues and adds some functionality (which is always nice).

IMPROVEMENTS

• We are now running through a cloud push server for chat. This means that chat will be instantanious rather than delayed by a split second. Not something you would notice when you are just talking every now and then, but annoying when your having a conversation.
  • Lack of loading - This should solve the problem of it not loading for some people. Time will tell I guess.
  • You can now see when someone is typing to you. The icon changes similar to what it does on facebook.

You can also now "popout" the chat so you can move it away from the page, maybe out of the way or onto another screen if you have on by clicking on the icon shown here.

post-1-0-97861200-1389050490.png

Also should you find  the need you can transfer files to each other using the options shown here :)

post-1-0-14817000-1389050491.png

ADDITIONS

• When you get a PM you will now see it in your notification bar at the bottom as well as at the top of the forum :)
  • And a big one (look down lol)

MOBILE CHAT

SEE HERE -

FACEBOOK

These days with the age of facebook many people dissapear off to chat to people on their facebook. Dont blame ya, so do I at times. However I do kinda find it annoying all these chats knocking around on different pages especially when Im sat posting on the forum. Therefore I have now added a facebook chat integration tool into the chat bar. All you need to do is log into it and you will see a list of your facebook friends and be able to chat with them directly on the site.

post-1-0-95509100-1389050489_thumb.png

Hope you enjoy the additions ..... For those of you who are interested I will also likely add google talk when I figure out how to do so.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Facebook integration isn't working for me.  Every time I click "Connect to Facebook" and window pops up and goes away.  Not sure if using a MAC is the issue or not

Possibly ...... May be that its not compatible with childrens toys? :P LOL

Seriously though, will find out

Another feature I completely forgot to add into this post until Jos just reminded me is that you can use the chat from your mobile also. Just log onto the forum on your mobile browser then navigate to http://husky-owners.com/forum/arrowchat/mobile and you will see the chat list on there :)

post-1-0-55966900-1389051669.pngpost-1-0-84914500-1389051669.png

The Facebook integration isn't working for me.  Every time I click "Connect to Facebook" and window pops up and goes away.  Not sure if using a MAC is the issue or not

Same problem for me on PC

I've tried on Chrome and Safari and got the same results.  I did try on a PC and it does the same thing.  It allows me to log in, but then when I open chat again it's like I am not logged in to FB. 

I've tried on Chrome and Safari and got the same results.  I did try on a PC and it does the same thing.  It allows me to log in, but then when I open chat again it's like I am not logged in to FB. 

Same thing happens to me too, on both Mac (Mavericks) and Windows (7 ultimate). A box pops up, then it 'goes away'. Then...nothing happens. Fix it, Marc!

Emma, Elyse already pointed out earlier that this new feature still has problems in Mac OS and Windows 7 ;)

EDIT: I'm also a Mac user so will withhold all "thank you"s and "good job"s for now ( :P ) but I can already tell you this is VERY cool :D :D

Curious question. have any of your checked if popup is being blocked? It pops up to ask you to log into facebook.

EDIT: Please try again peeps. Was informed by Jos I had left it in development mode which is why I had no problems with it as Im the app developer on facebook LOL. 

I managed to get onto that part ,typed in my details, clicked enter and was then booted back to the forum with the void JavaScript code. Not a blocked pop up for me, not sure about anyone else. Tbh, I dont really chat that much anyway, only reason I'm mentioning it is because I can, lol.

What no webcam ???????

Not at the moment no. Need to check what resources are used.

I managed to get onto that part ,typed in my details, clicked enter and was then booted back to the forum with the void JavaScript code. Not a blocked pop up for me, not sure about anyone else. Tbh, I dont really chat that much anyway, only reason I'm mentioning it is because I can, lol.

Please try again peeps. Been informed it was in developer mode, hence why I didnt have any probs but others did.