Other Than Dogs

We are all dog lovers here, but what's your passion beside canines? :)

My number one answer would definitely be horses. Ever since I was a kid, every time there's what we call a "horse-riding man" (which are horse owners offering people to ride their horse for a short lap for money. They're usually found in tourist attraction sites) I'd beg my parents to hop on one of the horses. I don't like ponies or miniatures though... I like tall, big, strong horses :lol: recently I went to China and found this horse-riding arena. So I hopped on a horse and, for the first time ever, ran full-speed with it. I'll be honest with you it was scary for a first-timer :lol: it felt like riding a roller coaster with four legs! But it was FUN :D 

tl;dr: I :heartbeat: horses. If life allows I might adopt one in the future. I don't know too much about them though...

Birds. I've only owned one in my life (a green/yellow budgie named Pepi), but he was the greatest little guy ever. I do want another one, but I am 95% sure Suka would eat it. :P

I took horse riding lessons years ago (english). I was just learning how to jump, when I almost fell off and could have broken my neck. Never ridden since then, but I still love horses. 

Photography. Luckily it's both of us, so whilst we photo anything and everything (dragonflies, horse shows/trials/racing/trotting races, landscapes, motor racing, fashion, etc) we love nothing more than taking pics of all the wonderfully photogenic dogs on walks, races, off-leads, etc (all proceeds go to the rescue)

Photography. Luckily it's both of us, so whilst we photo anything and everything (dragonflies, horse shows/trials/racing/trotting races, landscapes, motor racing, fashion, etc) we love nothing more than taking pics of all the wonderfully photogenic dogs (all proceeds go to the rescue)

your signature screams that, really. I know close to nothing about photography but that shot is priceless!

your signature screams that, really. I know close to nothing about photography but that shot is priceless!

Thanks! Sig's just a bit of fun (and needs updating - replacing one foster with another but waiting to get a suitable shot)

This is more what we're about, from a very recent, somewhat muddy(!), off-lead session:

_MG_1037.jpg

_MG_1259.jpg

should've changed the title to "other than animals" :lol: other than animals, I'm very much into:

Japanese culture, including anime and manga. I write and read hiragana and katakana. Used to read kanji but I forgot most of'em now...

Music. I don't play musical instruments, but I LOVE to sing :D not proud of my voice, but at least it doesn't break people's ears LOL

Literary. I write and read a lot. Couldn't imagine my life without novels. 

Languages. I've always been a fast learner when it comes down to foreign languages. To this day I technically speak five languages: Javanese, Indonesian, English, Chinese and Japanese

I guess my other passion is my job. I work in politics and I do really enjoy always knowing what is going on and having the inside scoop. I have the benefit of working in something that I not only studied to do, I actually enjoy most of the time. I know not everyone is so lucky!

Im jealous!  I've always been interested in politics and I think it would be exciting to work in that field!  I went to school to be a Paralegal, and got stuck working for a mortgage foreclosure law firm.  It's not too bad but some of it is really boring.

I guess my other passion is my job. I work in politics and I do really enjoy always knowing what is going on and having the inside scoop. I have the benefit of working in something that I not only studied to do, I actually enjoy most of the time. I know not everyone is so lucky!

So, as far as other animals...I was always a cat person.  I had cats growing up, and almost every place I have lived.  I never thought I would have 3 dogs!!  (Although I have loved huskies/malamutes for as long as I can remember)

Other than that, I am really big into Television.  I LOVE TV, and my DVR is almost always recording something!  Right now I have about 30 shows that I watch regularly.  I am also into electronics (TV's, Home Theater, Computers, etc.)

It's just state level politics, but in some ways that is better because we don't get quite as many scandals as at the national level! But I think there are probably boring aspects to most jobs. I get bored sometimes, for sure. You could probably get a paralegal job in a government office!

Im jealous!  I've always been interested in politics and I think it would be exciting to work in that field!  I went to school to be a Paralegal, and got stuck working for a mortgage foreclosure law firm.  It's not too bad but some of it is really boring.

I was always a cat person too. I was scared of dogs!

So, as far as other animals...I was always a cat person.  I had cats growing up, and almost every place I have lived.  I never thought I would have 3 dogs!!  (Although I have loved huskies/malamutes for as long as I can remember)

Other than that, I am really big into Television.  I LOVE TV, and my DVR is almost always recording something!  Right now I have about 30 shows that I watch regularly.  I am also into electronics (TV's, Home Theater, Computers, etc.)

I wouldn't mind doing state level politics...just not in my state LOL.  I wouldn't mind getting involved with county level here, but you have to know someone to get anywhere.  I thought about looking for Paralegal positions in government, but unless it is with the Federal government the pay is VERY low.   But I do live close enough to Chicago that I could commute...and I have been looking!

It's just state level politics, but in some ways that is better because we don't get quite as many scandals as at the national level! But I think there are probably boring aspects to most jobs. I get bored sometimes, for sure. You could probably get a paralegal job in a government office!

I was always a cat person too. I was scared of dogs!

Other animal would have to be cats. We have had many, rescued many, I think we had 13 at one point! :)

Non animal related would be cooking and vegetable growing. Oh and wine :) Over the past 6 years I've grown most of our veg, haven't bought  potatoes for 4 years and try to be as self sufficient as possible. We had chickens for eggs, but the bloody fox got them :( I love to cook too and would really like to go back to school to learn and get qualified. Wine, well I am in France :)  Like to have a glass or two most evenings ;)

Im a horsey girl! lol<br /><br />Got on a pony when I was 1 year old and they've been my life love ever since.<br />I done pony rides once in a while until I started riding weekly when I was 6/7, which then turned into several times a week, I then started loaning horses and finally it became a job!<br /><br />Heres a pic of my first ride aged 1 :P<br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

post-9201-13892186692328_thumb.jpg