Aquatic Turtle

After  i got my first dog,and pet in my life,i become person who loves to keep all of the animals xD

Not that i don't liked animals before but now im really into it..

So i decided to buy Aquatic turtle and i will need few advices..if someone here have at home,please share some advice about the heating,water,water tank,food and stuff like that.

I also found this,http://www.hartz.com/Reptiles/Getting_Started/how_to_care_for_aquatic_turtles.aspx but im sure that some "personal advices" will be better than this :)

Thanks in advance

Sorry, I'm not much help, I know they need both land and water to live in and that you have to be careful what type you get as some will grow bigger than others. There's a lot more to it than that but my knowledge right now has run dry. Lol. Good luck, let us know how you get on. :)

Be careful, most Turtles live .or should live  for around 70 years. my grandson had 2 "Map turtles" .called that because of the designs on their shells.. they need a tank with both water and somewhere for them to sit ..out of the water. They grow up to about 5 inches in length (around 12 centimetres) the tank also needs some sort of filtration system to keep the water clean and fresh. They are very active and have a pleasant nature.. but they will bite...... and it Hurts!. oh! the water does need a heater in it plus the tank needs to be lit for no more than 8 hours a day. They are very inquisitive and need some sort of rock formations they can swim and play  in. My grandson was rather unlucky with his... they both developed growths under their necks and needed operations on them..one lived, the other ..passed on . The one that lived, carried on for about a year, then got another growth in the same area.. the vet said it was cancer and it would be more humane to put it to sleep. so that too passed on. That is about All I can tell you. They are fun and interesting to watch, they even get *excited* to see you and will  jump into the water to come to the edge of the tank. but sadly, my grandson was unlucky, maybe you won't be. Good Luck :)

I used to have turtles :) and I can tell you this: those cartoons LIE!!

They're feisty, fiery, and surprisingly fast creatures. Or at least mine was. He hates being picked up by strangers and although he does not bite he will kick your fingers away. Definitely does not show that slow, calm, sage grandfather image always attached to a turtle. Mine lives peacefully in a tank with my dad's freshwater fishes. He eats fish foods as well but never fought the fishes. However today I heard veggies are a better diet. Every other week my dad washes his shell with a soft toothbrush and let him bask in the sun because the tank is not exposed to sunlight. Mine only lived for about 5 years then one day he escaped and never returned. My mom always say that turtles don't look back, so you might want to keep them in a securely enclosed area :) they're also notorious for carrying salmonella so wash your hands after holding them xxx have fun with your turtles!