Toilet Trouble

stu

hi folks just woundering if any one else has had a similar problem ? my sister has a basset hound (dave ,2yr old) who plays with my pooch meeko like 2 raving idiots  how ever few week ago dave had some sort of seizer  we got him to vets asap he stayed in for a few days to return home with some meds scince then no more fits how ever  scince then he keeps peeing in small & random places around her house ,

please has any one any ideas as she / we just get blank looks from her vets

much appreciated for any help

stu & meeko

Ooh, we had a similar thread a while ago. Is Dave taking phenobarbital? It's a drug used to prevent seizures/fitting such as epilepsy and one of the side effects is an increased need to urinate, which can lead to accidents. Might be worth Your sister discussing with her vet as the dosages can be tweaked if necessary.

My youngest, Yukon, started having seizures a couple of months ago.  He was put on phenobarbital and a few weeks later he started peeing in his crate, which he never did before.  If he is on that drug it increases thirst and urination, so it could be that.  It also could be a UTI, so they should do a urinalysis to determine what it is.