"hold This" Success! Help List Objects?

Tatipu

Ack I'm so proud of Jelly!!!  

She finally got the hang of "hold this" with most of the objects I've introduced her to   :D!  None of the people who posted their methods online worked for us so we improvised.

I'm really big on dog tricks (and training in general) for some reason.    

What objects do you think would be cool for Jelly to hold?  I'm currently drawing a blank aside from food and flowers and a sign lol.  (and the pumpkin thingy she's holding in the picture)  I can't quite figure out the major Point of this trick if I can't figure out what I would like her to hold for me. :P.

Also -- 

Anyone know any complex/advanced tricks for Jelly to learn?

We're currently on our way on learning "Limp"  not quite there yet, but very close!

Photo:

post-7701-0-82954700-1387772370_thumb.jp

That's adorable. She is so photogenic to. I've seen people train the dogs to put things in the bin i don't know about things to hold though now you have me thinking lol Oh and congrats jelly on learning your new trick :) Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

That's so cute, dunno what else she could hold but how did u train her?

I just held onto an object I wanted her to hold and every time she looked at it I would click and treat.  Then after that I would click whenever she would paw at it.  Then click and treat when she would mouth it.  Everything up until this point was pretty easy.  I then tried to get her to hold it in her mouth but her tongue kept getting in the way so she just kept spitting it out lol.  What worked for us was when she put her mouth over the object I would just lift her chin a bit and just put my hand  under her chin in case she dropped it.  I clicked when she held it for 1 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, etc.  

[ I mostly made it as if the object were a game so she knew she was supposed to do something with the object]

Eventually after she got that I had her walk slowly while the object was in her mouth.  For the most part, she just kept dropping it because she didn't know she was supposed to keep holding it lol.  So a few steps at a time until we were able to walk up and down the hallway.  I'm not confident at the moment that she'll be able to hold it for more than 10 minutes though.

We're still working out a few kinks at the moment like her gripping an object more firmly.   

That's adorable. She is so photogenic to. I've seen people train the dogs to put things in the bin i don't know about things to hold though now you have me thinking lol Oh and congrats jelly on learning your new trick :) Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

Ah! If only I could do this haha.  Unfortunately, Jelly wouldn't be a good candidate for this trick (at least not putting trash in the trash can)  She doesn't have free roam of the house because my parents won't allow it so I wouldn't see much use for it unless that were so.  I could just teach her to clean up her toys :P.  She always has to play with ALL of them and spreads them around the living room.  I have to clean it up every day before we go to bed :P.   Thank you for that suggestion!!