Stalking .... Akita's

Well, at least that's what I might have been accused of doing.

As I was going into Terlingua the other day, I saw this little hatchback car with a dog in the back end.  As I was getting closer, I realized it looked a lot like a Husky so I pulled up a little closer - it still looked like a Husky, but bigger!

Followed them into the post office parking lot and introduced myself and found out that the "little boy" in the rear of their car was an Akita - handsome, friendly fellow.  Gave them a Husky-Owner card and asked them to drop into the forum - so if y'all show up "Hi!"

Well, at least that's what I might have been accused of doing.

As I was going into Terlingua the other day, I saw this little hatchback car with a dog in the back end.  As I was getting closer, I realized it looked a lot like a Husky so I pulled up a little closer - it still looked like a Husky, but bigger!

Followed them into the post office parking lot and introduced myself and found out that the "little boy" in the rear of their car was an Akita - handsome, friendly fellow.  Gave them a Husky-Owner card and asked them to drop into the forum - so if y'all show up "Hi!"

Hmmm lovely! Our Kika is often mistaken for an Akita, they are beautiful dogs but they tend to have bad reputations with other dogs which I've never understood. Many times people have snatched up their little toy dogs fearing Kika is some type odd Akita or wolf who would attack them.. She has no interest, she just wants to run and sniff :)

Great! We think Bears got some Akita in her, well to be honest now she's grown, I'd say it's kinda obvious she does. Some pictures show it better than others though. Bear used to have a doggy friend at the park called Nala. She was an American akita and the same age as Bear, they used to go nuts together in the basketball court, so lovely to see. She was a beautiful girl, but haven't seen them for a few months now, think they might of moved. :(

Hmmm lovely! Our Kika is often mistaken for an Akita, they are beautiful dogs but they tend to have bad reputations with other dogs which I've never understood. Many times people have snatched up their little toy dogs fearing Kika is some type odd Akita or wolf who would attack them.. She has no interest, she just wants to run and sniff :)

That's because Akitas are usually not very friendly with other dogs, even from the same breed. I know someone with two akita's and simply can't have them both run loose in the same room. They can only be together when supervised but have to be separated otherwise. They both very friendly dogs though. I think the personality of the akita resembles one of a malamute more than the one of a husky. Big cuddly giants with a manual :)

That's because Akitas are usually not very friendly with other dogs, even from the same breed. I know someone with two akita's and simply can't have them both run loose in the same room. They can only be together when supervised but have to be separated otherwise. They both very friendly dogs though. I think the personality of the akita resembles one of a malamute more than the one of a husky. Big cuddly giants with a manual :)

I agree! my mal always gets called an Akita!