Brooke's Early Morning Walk.

Emma

Brooke's been pretty stiff the last few days so not been up to a marathon walk with the others. I thought it would be nice to take her in the car and then through the woods on the school run today. Used to do it more often when bear and ice were young as it was her time out away from them, lol.

As usual, we were all in a rush to get there on time, Brooke decides to drop and poop, so I'm hurriedly scooping it up and trying to deter her from pulling me into the horse field. (she's on a lead because although she's a Staffordshire bull terrier and not a husky, she is deaf! So can't hear my recall commands, we use visual ones which work great when she happens to look in our direction but not great when she doesn't see them! ).

We get to the school and off walks my son. I turn to go back and she refuses to move. She stands stiff and stares into the school, searching for my son. Well we can stand here all day waiting for school to finish or we can go back home, I know what I prefer but Apparantly Brooke disagrees with my choice as she's refusing stubbornly to leave without my son coming back, which is very unusual for Brooke, she never ignores commands! So I'm tapping her gently, calling her even though I know its pointless, tugging lightly on the lead, nope! Not coming! Eventually I wave my hand in front of her eyes and she turns to me, I beckon her with my hand and very begrudgingly she slowly walks towards me so we can go home. She's not happy though as she stopped and turned round for him multiple times on the way back and refused to get in the car for a while too.

Bless her! My lil pig is getting stubborn in her old age! Lol. :wub:

Aww bless her my Jessie hates it when Kai leaves they have such an amazing bond xx

Oh yes, I bet they do. Brooke grew up with my eldest son, we got her for his 4th birthday. He's 16 now and she still lays protectively in his doorway at night, usually gets In bed with him too at some point. We didn't allow it when he was younger but once he got into his teens, he used to sneak her under his duvet in the winter as a foot warmer! Lol.

Oh yes, I bet they do. Brooke grew up with my eldest son, we got her for his 4th birthday. He's 16 now and she still lays protectively in his doorway at night, usually gets In bed with him too at some point. We didn't allow it when he was younger but once he got into his teens, he used to sneak her under his duvet in the winter as a foot warmer! Lol.

Kai tries to seek Jess upstairs but he always gets caught i really don't like having the dogs upstairs or on the beds lol didnt mind it so much when it was just one dog but 4 that amount of hair is madness lol  xx

awww bless her , bings is getting the same way , such a stubborn thing now lol

Aww, bless Bings! Honestly though I think it must be a bull terrier thing or at least an old age thing. Hubby's uncle has owned multiple dogs all his adult life, a mixture of staffys and/or English bulls and every single one has become a stubborn little beggar once they got older! Lol.

Aww, bless Bings! Honestly though I think it must be a bull terrier thing or at least an old age thing. Hubby's uncle has owned multiple dogs all his adult life, a mixture of staffys and/or English bulls and every single one has become a stubborn little beggar once they got older! Lol.

probably a mix of the both lol , just gets worse once they're older lol