Stiff Leg

Could be arthritis. I would not give him any human pain relievers without talking to your vet first. But usually arthritis would show up gradually and in more than one limb. Not always though. Not much help. Sorry Nix.

Nix, is he limping? Badly? Or is it just a slight change in his gait?

It is possible its arthritis - I wouldn't give him anything without speaking to the vet. He might have to get x-rays, so if you don't have pet insurance...I'd get it now!

You can check my 'arthritis' thread for more information, if you want: 

Could be arthritis. I would not give him any human pain relievers without talking to your vet first. But usually arthritis would show up gradually and in more than one limb. Not always though. Not much help. Sorry Nix.

Mine developed arthritis first in his right hip, so it doesn't always have to develop equally in all joints - Just like how some people have arthritis in their fingers and knees, and nowhere else. Same thing.

He's too old to be insured now, it's not a bad limp it just looks like he's got a stiff leg I've manipulated it and moved it around n he doesn't show any signs ov discomfort or pain from it

Oh, right...

I didn't even notice mine had arthritis until he had his first flare up (where I rushed him to the vet). He hid the daily pain so well.

Has it been cold or unusually humid recently? The cold and/or humidity can make it worse.

Nixy, I would try human grade glucosamine/chondroitin. I had Bo on human grade and was then provided with a sample of some from a vet supply company. As soon as I changed him over, I noticed he was having problems again. Switched him back to what I take and he was fine. Same thing happened with hubby's lab/rottie cross. Once back on the human grade, he was doing well again. Not to say he doesnt' have 'bad' (slower) days, but nothing like when he was on the pet grade.

We use triple strength. This is what I/we use. We pay $26 a bottle or two bottles for $40.

https://www.google.com/search?q=triple+strength+glucosamine+chondroitin&rlz=1C1PRFB_enUS491US502&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=PlavUvSfNcbR2QWOm4HACQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1092&bih=526#facrc=_&imgrc=Yn3yOayW9HjJqM%3A%3B2wI9oBsgK1rX2M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fecx.images-amazon.com%252Fimages%252FI%252F513x6yI0uZL._SY300_.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.com%252FSpring-Valley-Glucosamine-Chondroitin-Strength%252Fdp%252FB0055V7U3O%3B300%3B300

P.S. Give my buddy Bings a hug.....getting old bites!

Edited by Austinville

Hi, i would just like to add that giving them turmeric really helps with arthritis and its from a natural source. I have just got some today to try on my horse and really hope it helps him. However from what i had read it has really great results ( for horse/dogs and humans) and its a cheaper alternative. If your on facebook its called the turmeric user group and all the info is on that x