Ipod 4G Won't Restore. :(

Emma

Having a bit of a nightmare with my son's Ipod atm.  It's fourth generation that kept on crashing and needed re booting.  We've had to do a hard reset by pressing and holding a combination of buttons to send it into recovery mode.  Then tried to restore and update via itunes.  All goes well until it tries to restore, the loading bar on the ipod slowly goes up to about a qaurter full and then the screen flashes white briefly before turning itself off, and i tunes telling us it didn't work.

Been looking on google but their suggestions are what we've just done, am reluctant to book a session with the guru's at apple as last time we did that, they were bloomin' useless!  They had a quick look at the problem and then basically told us it wasn't fixable (it was fixable btw) and to go buy a new one.   :angry:

Anyone have any suggestions other than flush it down the toilet or use it as a paperweight?!  lol  Bit of a long shot I know, but if you don't ask you don't get!   ;)

lol.  Was waiting for the apple jokes to commence, lol.  Didn't take too long then, lmao.  

btw, it's not the ipad that's gone up the spout it's the ipod. Just thought i'd mention that incase anyone else has had something similar happen.  Looks like a software issue, almost like it's deliberately booting me off as it stops the restore at the same point everytime.  Very iffy.    

Ta, Lee.  Been fiddling around with it for the last few hours without any joy so I doubt it will be fixed any time soon!.  Wonder if throwing it at the wall might help? Would certainly relieve some frustration if nothing else! :lolman:

Ta, Lee. Been fiddling around with it for the last few hours without any joy so I doubt it will be fixed any time soon!. Wonder if throwing it at the wall might help? Would certainly relieve some frustration if nothing else! :lolman:

that is exactly what apple want you to do so you have to take it to them to be fixed apple have you all ends up text me when ya free tomoz and I will ring ya and help uou sort it :D