She Bites Her Leash While I Try To Put It On Her! Help!

Quick story for those that dont know about Maya... She is 4yrs old, her owner died 2yrs ago, the husband is depressed, Maya was uncared for, Maya is now overweight, Maya moved in with my boyfriend, son and I on Sunday Nov 17.

Ok, so here's the problem.. I'm walking her as much as possible to help her get back into shape. I work from 7am - 4pm so when I get home she gets overly excited and jumps on me. It hurts a little but it doesnt bother me as much, although my bf says thats unacceptable (is it?). I go for the leash and she goes wild once she sees it. She tries to grab the leash with her mouth and it makes it very difficult for me to put it on her. (Im afraid of getting bit). Once I put it on her she bites on the actual chain and pulls it as she rushes towards the door. I know she is just letting me know she is ready to go for our walk but this makes things more complicated. It takes me at least 15min just to get her leash on. PLEASE HELP!

try picking up the leash and then putting it down at random times throughout the day , dont let her associate with lead with actually going for a walk , if she jumps up at you also turn your back and cross your arms , just ignore her , jumping up isnt a behaviour u want really specially if she jumps up and hurts someone by accident 

The other thing you can do (and people are going to start laughing at me for this) is to leave her leash on her. 

You accomplish a couple of things with this.  When she starts to jump up, step on the leash.  She can only go so far and if you're lucky enough to have the other end of the leash in your hand, pull up and she'll have no choice but to go down.

Of course you have to make sure that she's not going to trip someone with the leash or get it tangled in the coffee table ...

try picking up the leash and then putting it down at random times throughout the day , dont let her associate with lead with actually going for a walk , if she jumps up at you also turn your back and cross your arms , just ignore her , jumping up isnt a behaviour u want really specially if she jumps up and hurts someone by accident
I just wanted to thank you for the awesome tips! They worked!!!! She's doing so much better in just a couple of days. THANK YOU!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk