Actively Promoting Off Lead Huskies

Dunc

It has come to our attention again as it has over the years and its time to put a stop to it at least on Husky Owners !!!!!!!!!!!!

H/O as not and never will condone letting a husky off lead !!

We don't care if you do this thats fine its your dog but we don't want to hear about it and will not stand for promoting the idea !!!

I know some of you do not agree but to be honest we don't care it as more trouble on here than most any other subject and it stops NOW!!

Post will be removed on this subject in future and members involved warned.

Some member might be shocked by the way we have put this over and for that we are sorry but it has had to be dealt with in this way. 

P.S before we start getting silly about this we of course are not on about dog parks ( enclosed areas )

It seems we can give advice & retell stories of what happens to off-lead huskies in unsecured areas but owners need to listen & heed that advice. I have read of so many lost, injured (and in one case of 2 Mals shot for worrying cattle & sheep) and fatally wounded huskies lately, owners need to take responsibility (escapees are not included in that statement). I could add so much more but it infuriates me. This forum has been around for 5 yrs & we have always sent the same message out - do not let your husky off lead unless in a secure environment, it's just not worth the risk :(

Well said Dunc I have refused to join a very local husky meet as they let their dogs off lead, in an unsecured area. Now I would never say they are doing wrong, it's not my place. The dogs attending that group have their own owners and can make their own choices. I however love my guys far too much to EVER put them at risk. We all know the risks and in my mind being a responsible owner means I must respect the on lead at all time rule that we all know about. I'd like to hope this thread will put an end to the ongoing debate, however I can't see that happening. We have to continue educating the new HO in the hope that they too choose to keep their huskies on lead and safe. Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

It seems that talking to people to try to teach them the error of their ways doesn't work. Perhaps voicing it as Dunc has might have the desired result. Well said Dunc. The owner of one of the pups that I did sell keeps letting him of the lead and I'm dreading the day that I hear he has gone missing. I've warned him time and time again but to no avail . Having said that, I did get a text off him the other day saying that the dog had caught and killed a pheasant and brought it back and dropped it at his feet. :o  Even so, I still don't condone it at all.

Gary.

This is my own personal opinion, and I may be opening up the flood gates to some heated replies... Those who have their Husky or Mal off-lead in an unsecured area, in my opinion, didn't do any research before getting their dog or think they know better... I don't care how well the dog(s) have been trained for recall, all it takes is for them to see one thing, and they are off.. And no amount of "Here doggy" will bring then back.... I won't even allow my pups off-lead when in dog training... I've invested a lot of time, love, and money in my pups and I'm not willing to risk losing them... I did my research before getting our first Mal, Kodiak... And I would not risk anything to lose him or Kala.... I'm hoping others feel the same way... I never reply to posts about off-lead, because it infuriates me that people actually do this in unsecured areas. Dunc, well said... !!!!

Edited by RJS