Big D Has Gone Over The Bridge

I've told Abbie and she has asked me to send you lots of hugs and kisses. She is is gutted as we are that Big D is no longer with us. Diesel certainly touched our heart's xxx

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you all SO much for these kind words, I thought I had the tears under control as, since posting this yesterday, I could not face coming back on the forum straight away, but here I am, sat sobbing my heart out to truly understand that my special boy was everyone's special boy & I was only lucky enough to be his "Mum".

Through this wonderful place, Diesel got to meet so many people, young, old, small, tall, had so many adventures that I want to thank you for the majority of the memories Grumpy & I have of him. We are so touched by everyone's words and to those local to us who have found time to drop in & give me a cuddle, you really are helping me come to terms with what has happened & it is giving me the strength, as well as the red eyes, to get me through.

I hoped & prayed when he fell ill last week that it was "just" arthritis or he'd bumped his hip slipping, something we could work with, I never imagined he would not be coming home (in canine form that is, I am collecting his ashes so he will be with us in some form for ever).

You truly are wonderful people on here who pull together when one of their own falls. And Sarah, Marc - thank you so much for the banner. Sarah did tell me about it when she was here last night but I couldn't summon up the courage to look.

Diesel will leave the biggest hole in my heart & in our lives. There is a part in a post above that said about meeting your soul mate & canine-wise, that is what D was. I always whispered to him he was my favourite so Myshka & Kaviq didn't hear, couldn't have them getting jealous now, could I? So Grumpy & I now have to try and find a way forward without the gentle giant physically in our lives. Even making the furbies tea, I instinctively picked up all 3 bowls - I guess I'm going to be doing that for a while, eh?

To those who have loved & lost, thank you for your reassurances of healing in time - to everyone who still has a furby, PLEASE go give them a huge hug from us, xxx

i did the same thing lastnight. im new here and i was goin thru topics at work, in an aircraft maintenace hanger full of mechanics and this story tore at my heart. im 46 yrs old have rode harleys all my life and nothing gets to me like these huskies do. i am truely sorry for your loss. just remember the good times he was able to share with you. sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

Thank you so, so much everyone for your posts, they really do mean a lot. To know so many of you met him & fell in love with the gentle giant is one thing but to have friends all over the world who fell under his spell through the power of the forum is quite another. He was one of a kind, he was my big baby boy & I will never forget him.

Today has been a down day, yesterday was a good day - I guess I'm gonna be on this roller coaster for a while yet.

I came home from work today to a card through the post - it was a condolences card from the vet (not the one who has asked a fortune from us to release his ashes to us :angry:  which I'm hoping he will come home at the weekend) which was thoughtful, I never got that when my GSD was sent over the Bridge with cancer 10 years ago. As I'm writing this, the doorbell has just gone - a neighbour has taken in a parcel for us. It is 2 large canvesses, one of Myshka & Kaviq walking but their leads have been airbrushed out, it's fab - the other is a photo that was taken a few years ago of me & Grumpy with Myshka & Diesel (pre-Kaviq days) when we appeared in a newspaper article in our local papers educating people on huskies - yes, another tear has fallen! It is a present from the many friends at a sled dog rescue we work with ...... I'll take pics & post them up here

We are truly blessed to know some amazing people from the world of huskies!!!!!!!!

Thank you, every single one of you :thankyou:

Oh val you made me cry again :(

I cannot believe i will never see him again! :(

Angel sends aunty val special love.

Several of us have d as our fb profile pics in his honour x

Thank you Angel, like D you have found a wonderful forever home - make sure you play nice with Storm & give your Mummy & Daddy loads of kisses xx

I have seen the pics, Louise - it's like he's taken over it when you all post on my wall! :lol: 

I was unsure of whether or not to post this picture as it could cause upset, if it does, I sincerely apologise.

I took this photo at May camp 2012 of Big D wondering down the beach, It was the only time I got to meet the big man but that was enough to notice his amazing spirit. The photo was edited when I got back from camp as the day was a little cloudy so I added the sun... so I would just like to post the picture with a little message from me...

Wonder free Big 'D', It was an absolute pleasure to have met you

post-2303-0-51394000-1384979071_thumb.pn

I was unsure of whether or not to post this picture as it could cause upset, if it does, I sincerely apologise.

I took this photo at May camp 2012 of Big D wondering down the beach, It was the only time I got to meet the big man but that was enough to notice his amazing spirit. The photo was edited when I got back from camp as the day was a little cloudy so I added the sun... so I would just like to post the picture with a little message from me...

Wonder free Big 'D', It was an absolute pleasure to have met you

attachicon.gifBigDSun.png

I think it might cause a few tears ( well it did here) but it's a stunning picture and if he had been my dog , one that I would appreciate.

Oh yes, I've held it together all day until I saw that photo but I'm blubbing, but in a good way, Dave! It's how I imagine him strolling along without a care - perfect!! Thank you, I might pinch that if I may xx

Of course you can pinch it Val