Big D Has Gone Over The Bridge

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so sorry Val. I know I never met Diesel, but the way he's touched so many of his friends, a whole forum full of people, and obviously his parents, it's beautiful.

As soon as I saw the new logo my heart sank. He's such a wonderful looking dog, and clearly the most gentle judging by everyone's feelings for him.

Run free Big D, goodbye isn't forever.

- Caity :(

When we went on our first meet the first personvwe met was val. You welcomed us and made us feel part of the family. I ended the walk around Delamere walking with big d ax charlie's little legs could keep ip with him. What a dog he was happy to stroll alongdide a stranger and new dog, only distracted by the lady with the labrador who had treats. He sat there in the middle of the path not letting her passed till he got a treat, very patient and it paid off then he carried on. He will be missed. Our hearts go out to you, the pain in losing one of our babies is hard. Here if you want to talk x.

r.i.p special man xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear. 

Let me say Val, that you, your family and Diesel himself have been some of the most fortunate beings to walk the face of the earth. A mutual love and understanding, such as what you were able to share with D....what a gift you were provided with.

We all think our fur-kids are special, but there are very few who touch the hearts of everyone they come in contact with - either face-to-face, or in my (our) case - through the computer screen and keyboard. You know how D touched everyone he came in contact with. 

I didn't get the opportunity to run my fingers through that thick fur, nor get to wipe a sloppy kiss off my face, but my heart breaks for you as if I had. I know how your heart breaks. Once in a lifetime you get that soul-mate - the one who reads your every thought, knows your every mood, and teaches you more than you ever thought possible. I know that D. was that for you, as my Bo was for me.

I grieve with you my friend.....

But in the long run, weren't WE the fortunate ones?

And to D........God speed on this journey. Tell my own dear friend I still weep for him, as I am selfishly doing now for you.....

I have just one more thing to say.............(Revised from March 2010 - Written for Bo and revised for D)

"The Northern Lights are brighter now, the Bridge a busier place. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much, no longer gazes upon her face.

His ailments are all gone now, he runs healthy, wild and free. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much, no longer staring back at she.

Her heart it swells with emptiness, recalling the joys they shared. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much - the way he showed he cared.

The lessons that he taught were the same ones that she learned, The bi-eyed boy she loved so much, Into her soul are burned.

The world's a darker place today, because you had to go. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much, trust that he does know.

Until the time her arms can hold you, play hard, run strong, run free. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much, gazed up from near her knee.

Take her secrets with you, keep them safely in your heart. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much, someday you'll never part.

His ancient soul - it speaks to me. He's now wilderness and wind. The bi-eyed boy she loved so much. Farewell precious friend."

~All my love and support,

Becky

Will be really missed he was one of the dogs that's I knew I could approach and not be scarred. Although I have 2 dogs of my own I am very wary around others but Diesel was different. From day one I was never afraid . Tears are flowing . I guess we have to remember God only leant us our furbies to love and cherish for a short while until he needed his angels back. RIP . He had a wonderful life with you xx

saw this on FB earlier.. i had the pleasure to meet the Legend that was BIG D , comparing him in size  to the shetland pony of the same colouring at Heaton Park... He touched the hearts of many of us around the globe and we are better for knowing and loving him .... sleep well my friend and run free over the bridge with all your friends ...