Android Vs Apple

Husky-gunner

ok so most of us have a mobile phone these days or a tablet of sum kind

what do you prefer android or apple ? tell us

for me i used to love apple untill i made the switch to android now i think wow i was so locked in with apple and now i use android it has opened my phone up completely, you can do so much more. and all thanks to dunc and marc for getting me to make the switch

I never get my hands on an Android but I have an iPhone and a Macbook. And it's some kind of a love/hate relationship. There are days when I wish I could throw my Mac out of the window but some other times it saved my day. I guess it's 70% like 30% hate right now :P

I know most in the UK prefer Android, but I love my Apple products.  I have a MacBook Air and a iPhone 5s.  My first smart phone was a blackberry (hated it!), and then got an Android based phone, which was a huge step up!  I loved it, but once I got my iPhone I liked it much much better.  I think it's a lot more user friendly, and I don't feel the need to customize it to the degree that Android's allow you to.  One think I do like is that I feel Apple apps are more secure than Android apps and there is less of a threat of viruses. 

And in the US, wireless carries subsidize the cost of a new phone, so every 1 1/2-2 years they give you a big discount on the cost.  I was able to buy my iPhone 5s for $399 USD, and was able to sell my old one for $230 US, so it actually only cost me $170 for the new one.  Can't beat that!

Apple is good if you want to use it for a purpose and thats it, if you want to explore more, do more customisation etc. etc. then android is king.

For this reason I have a Android (S4) phone and an iPad 2 as my tablet

What kind of purpose do you think Apple is better for? Not trying to flame or anything, I'm just trying to compare the two OS in my mind and I can't seem to put either of them ahead when it comes down to doing different tasks.

Apple is good if you want to use it for a purpose and thats it, if you want to explore more, do more customisation etc. etc. then android is king.

For this reason I have a Android (S4) phone and an iPad 2 as my tablet

i agree with that dave just wish apple would put more time and effort in to the ipad now and make it even better

Ive not had an android phone lol other half has one he loves it. but at the minute my iphone does everything i need it for  lol xx

I have an Android. In our house, we have an HTC One, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Sensation. We can switch our SIM cards around and use which ever phone on any given day.

For me, I like the customization. 

I like that my Chrome bookmarks and passwords on my computer sync to my phone.

I don't have to deal with iTunes!

I can put buttons/aps/home screens/widgets in any order I please.

And I like Google Talk/Hangout. I can chat while on my computer with someone on their phone in the blink of an eye.

• 2 months later...