Rash Around Mouth

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay now that you ask I realize I forgot what the "R" stands for LOL but it's Zinc something Deficiency. Very common in huskies. Usually the symptoms are red bald spots around the face. I have no hands-on experience dealing with ZRD but lots of our members have. I believe they'd come running any minute now..

Just had a look online, not sure if it is zrd as they say they get very itchy around the area, troy hasnt been itchy or that apart from licking pawd and nibbling sides now and again!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

aha! that might be it. Excessive licking causes hair loss.

... wait I'm stupid how can he lick his own cheek  :mellow:

random guessing now: has there been any change in his environment recently? has he been behaving normally or does he look overly lazy? stress causes hair loss too. 

LOL only change was about five month ago when i moved house from my paretns to my own place, he is still full off energy, he had his diet changed 2 weeks ago but that was after i noticed they marks as i took him to vets for itching and weightloss they said it was jusr down to be allergic to one off the meats in his old kibble so i now have a prescription diet kibble

Ice gets the odd patch like that under his mouth.  Sudocream helps heal him up (it contains zinc), I'm guessing it's zinc responsive dermatitis because it sure looks like it from the pics you've shown.  Ice's doesnt' itch either.  Starts off red and then pales until it goes away and he's fine for a few more months until another one appears.   

Ice gets the odd patch like that under his mouth. Sudocream helps heal him up (it contains zinc), I'm guessing it's zinc responsive dermatitis because it sure looks like it from the pics you've shown. Ice's doesnt' itch either. Starts off red and then pales until it goes away and he's fine for a few more months until another one appears.

aw will go buy some sudocream and give that a shot, thats him two now and thats the first time iv noticed, thanks anyway

To be honest going on what i've heard from others whos dogs do suffer from ZRD vets will always say that its the existing kibble allergy or dermatitis  means they get commision for "prescription food". you could try getting some nutrazinc its available online from places like snowpawstore  and it does work wonders xx

To be honest going on what i've heard from others whos dogs do suffer from ZRD vets will always say that its the existing kibble allergy or dermatitis means they get commision for "prescription food". you could try getting some nutrazinc its available online from places like snowpawstore and it does work wonders xx

yeh i know it was actaully my mum and dad who took him and bought a ten kg bag so im just going to use it and see how he gets on, if it was me i wouldnt off botherd to buy it tbh! Will the nutrazinc be ok to use evin if its no a ZRD problem?

Also check the calcium levels in the kibble as Calcium prevents the correct absorption of Zinc which creates the problem.  As Anneka said above me supplements can be good and shouldn't cause any harm regardless of whether it's zrd or not but make sure you don't give them at meal times.  This is because of the calcium reasons. 

are you on facebook ?? theres a group for people with huskies that have it they could probably advise you better than i could as i dont have any experience with it ill find a link and inbox you it if you like xx

Also check the calcium levels in the kibble as Calcium prevents the correct absorption of Zinc which creates the problem. As Anneka said above me supplements can be good and shouldn't cause any harm regardless of whether it's zrd or not but make sure you don't give them at meal times. This is because of the calcium reasons.

thats the breakdown

post-6745-1382185847511_thumb.jpg

thats the breakdown

Thanks. That's not particularly out of the ordinary. In order to establish how good the kibble is you need to examine the ingredients list.....would expect to see meat based products listed in the top three Ingredients., however only the really expensive ones usually do. Holistic foods are better for reducing allergy type rashes, such as James well beloved and wainwrights.