PVA glue :(

Im certainly not having a go in anyway, i am just giving some advice we all have learned with our dogs and i know you cant watch them 24/7.. our whole life with our dogs is a learning curb it never stops and it is nice to have advice and other peoples experiences..

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Tony i have given it her in the past but latly we havent for anumber of months its hard when danis down to constantly watch and i would put them away but they dont tlike being away when we are about and it upsets them alot so we keep them out and do our best to watch them. Somtimes they get hold of what dani has left in the bowl becasue we have not had time to pick it up. I havnt come for an argument at all and do not want to fall out with anyone and i have said countlessly that she has not had any for a while now and that i am not giving her.

Acctually if you just read that post she has not had it for a while only when she eats what dani has left i cant watch them both 24/7 and put a radar on them can i. She eats normal now so there is no reason yes this month we have no money for vet fees or the house and barely any food we have the dogs food and that is all they are getting atm As i did say that i wasnt going to keep giving it them and the post was not origionally about cocopops in the first place. I said that i dont agree with banning chocolate for dogs either, 6% of cocoa can not kill a husky size dog as its to small amount. Its actually dark chocolate and pure cocoa powder that contains high amounts of theobromine which is like caffine that can kill them, But it needs to be given in high amounts but cheap milk chocolate contains very little. BUT AS I STATE AGAIN FOR THE 3RD AND FINAL TIME I AM NOT GIVEING TO THEM ANYMORE AND HAVE NOT DONE SO FOR MONTHS, THE ONLY WAY THEY EAT IT IS WHEN THEY EAT THE LEFT OVER FROM DANIS BOWL WHEN I CANT SEE THEM!!!!! Dani eats his food downstairs he gets up and leaves the bowl no-one can be downstairs 24/7 watching them and you cant move bowls straight away. I ahve not said that i have no money for the dogs i didnt awhile ago but now we do apart from this month in which they have there food luckily. Where as we dont!!!

im guessing this Dani is your son?? if so why dont you teach your son to tidy up a bit?? maybe put his coco pops in the bin if the doesnt want them? could save your dogs life.....

btw im only 19, im in college and dont work, and im the sole provider for kira, but she is always fed a very nutritious, healthy diet, and i take her to the vets if she needs to go, and our excess is £75............

Guest snowdog

Ok now im asking you all to calm down, she has not come on here asking for a row she has asked for advice she has got advice there is no need to make her feel any worse than she probably already does! shura100 i would advise you not to give your dog anything chocolate related unless its a proper doggy treat, and i appologise if my posts earlier offended in anyway, i know you cant help if your dog gets it on the off chance its dropped my god Grey has snatched loads of the stuff when its dropped (yes Grey has had Choc going to start on me?), it cant be helped and accidents happen, do not agree with comments of taking the dogs off her and the word cruelty! its far from that serious and personally think you are all bang out of order!...

Shura100 i will ask again please stop giving Choc to you dog as it is dangerous, and im sure in someway post on here are ment well just put shitty! if you need some advice pm me and i will help you out........

cruelty is giving your dog something knowingly that could be hazardous, i stand by what i said, !

Guest snowdog

Sid&kira that is bang out of order, i also have a son he is 2 he does things that a 2 year old does gives the dog something he shouldnt it cant be helped all the time! when your older and have kids yourself you wont come out with stupid comments like that!!

i have three 9 5 and 2 i teach them to tidy up and the dogs are incrates at meal times, im older and i agree!

yep accidents do happen but dont use it as an excuse when its ben fed knowingly also! said my peice like it or not!

wow...i've just read all this and can't believe that people aren't actually reading what she has put...and just basically attacking her...so unfair. Making flippant comments about feeding chocolate, not taking to the vet for PVA glue and no money etc are not going to win you any favours tho Shura, so think carefully about what you're actually typing before putting it...i know when you're typing quick things come out garbled, on a sensitive subject i would take the time to read through your post a couple times before actually hitting submit.

i think Dani is her brother...no offence Shura, but i hope you're not 17 with a kid old enough to be getting and eating coco pops by himself...

Sid&kira that is bang out of order, i also have a son he is 2 he does things that a 2 year old does gives the dog something he shouldnt it cant be helped all the time! when your older and have kids yourself you wont come out with stupid comments like that!!

well sorry if i dont know the kids age, is it mentioned on this thread? if it is i must have missed it.... ok then 2 is a bit young (even tho my lil bro was tidyin his bowl up by that age) and what about keepin the dogs outta the kitchen then?

ahh yea forgot shura's age, but then it could be... my cousin is younger than me and has a 3 year old... lol

and i know shes younger than me but i'v been in charge of animals since i was about 15, and they have always been 100% looked after....

You know what, ive had enough! I also have 3 kids things cant be helped with a dog! we cant all be perfect, if you have managed to prevent your dog from pinching scraps fair play to ya.... imo your all a bunch off bullies! it a joke how this girl has got such a grilling, Shura100 i know you have taken the advice given to you and i wish you all the best.....

Guest snowdog

wow...i've just read all this and can't believe that people aren't actually reading what she has put...and just basically attacking her...so unfair. Making flippant comments about feeding chocolate, not taking to the vet for PVA glue and no money etc are not going to win you any favours tho Shura, so think carefully about what you're actually typing before putting it...i know when you're typing quick things come out garbled, on a sensitive subject i would take the time to read through your post a couple times before actually hitting submit.

i think Dani is her brother...no offence Shura, but i hope you're not 17 with a kid old enough to be getting and eating coco pops by himself...

have read it thoroughly and stand by what i said, when feeding your dogs chocolate knowingly is a far cry from it being an accident, and it has been stated they like it a s a treat to which i strongly disagree with, its my opinion i think of the dogs and im sorry if thats hard to gulp but ffs, it states in all husky books chocolate is hazardous so to feed it as a treat is wrong, man i had worse than this when i asked about breeding i learned from it!

well im going to admit here in public all 3 of mine have had choccy at one time or another accident or not it can happen but as shuna as stated she dont give it no more then i think this thread should just fade off now.

All as been said and i'm sure she as taken it in so please no more on this IT'S CHRISTMAS

Ok 1) Shura is 17. She may not have known about chocolate. A lot of people don't.

2) Just because you 'had it worse' does not give you the right to start attacking someone

3) stand by what you say. She has said she is not going to give any more to the dog, and that she hasn't done for a long time as they haven't had any in the house (for treats) yes the dog may get some from the brother when he leaves his bowl, kids are kids after all.

4) lay off and do something positive with your life rather than bitching at people on here.

danis my bf little brother hes 4 hes not aloud to carry plates in or bowls as for 1 he could trip and smach it and hurt himself on it or with a folk it could stab him.

unfortunatly some people on here Shura dont have a life it just revolves around there dog, I love my dog and would never do anything to hurt him but at the end of the day he is just my DOG a pet there are thing that come first like the well being of my kids, and i also would not let my child walk out carrying a plate incase he falls, but the dog eating a bit of choc seem to be more important......

danis my bf little brother hes 4 hes not aloud to carry plates in or bowls as for 1 he could trip and smach it and hurt himself on it or with a folk it could stab him.

ok thats fair enough, could very well be a hazard, and that would hurt the dogs aswell so fair play on that one, it was only a suggestion, as i said in reply to sibe77, i had no idea how old the lad was, he coulda been 10 or something.

have you tried crating? loads of people dont like the idea but its so useful! we never had a problem with kira at mealtimes (no children) so she wasnt in there then but she was in it when we went out. that could help if the pups are scavengers.

and sibe77 i have never once been rude to shura, i have merely made suggestions, i'v not jumped down her throat, i dont like doin that. So please stop gettin pissy with me.

ok thats fair enough, could very well be a hazard, and that would hurt the dogs aswell so fair play on that one, it was only a suggestion, as i said in reply to sibe77, i had no idea how old the lad was, he coulda been 10 or something.

have you tried crating? loads of people dont like the idea but its so useful! we never had a problem with kira at mealtimes (no children) so she wasnt in there then but she was in it when we went out. that could help if the pups are scavengers.

and sibe77 i have never once been rude to shura, i have merely made suggestions, i'v not jumped down her throat, i dont like doin that. So please stop gettin pissy with me.

sorry i appologise, i just dont like seeing people get bullied, i stuck up for someone befor as i thought they were being bullied and im almost sure it was you that was the victim...lol

quite possibly sibe, i think it was that matt fella lmao, and i understand you feel the need to stand up for her and while some of this thread has gone to far some of it needed to be said and i think i'v been pretty tame really lol

Guest snowdog

unfortunatly some people on here Shura dont have a life it just revolves around there dog, I love my dog and would never do anything to hurt him but at the end of the day he is just my DOG a pet there are thing that come first like the well being of my kids, and i also would not let my child walk out carrying a plate incase he falls, but the dog eating a bit of choc seem to be more important......

listen i havnt been disrespectful, am mearly trying to get point across, i have three children and they are my uppermost importance, and i love animals and will not be put in a bully category, now im dropping it merry xmas

Guest snowdog

quite possibly sibe, i think it was that matt fella lmao, and i understand you feel the need to stand up for her and while some of this thread has gone to far some of it needed to be said and i think i'v been pretty tame really lol

i ditto that and ive been very tame, my kids and dogs are my world, and im not ashamed of that!

I do take advice form everyone here very oftern they are crated for bed time and when we are out but they dont like being crated when we are in as it fustrates them. As for the ones who said i neglected my dogs would i rugby tackle shura when she slipped out the house just to stop her getting hit by a car when i had a bad back. But like Tony said i love my dogs to but having a roof over our heads is slghtly more important thats why it was very hard to take her i wanted advice before i go down that route. x

MERR CHRISTMAS EVERYONE XXXXX hope we havent fallen out as it is not my aim i didnt mean for this to happen xxxxxx